Holiday suggestions

We went to Puerto Pollenca last year in the Pollensa Park. Loved it. A lot of calls for Menorca and I would agree. We spent every summer when my son was young holidaying at the golf course at Son Parc. I would not particularly recommend this resort as it’s been decimated by the all inclusive hotels taking trade away from the local businesses now.

Santa Thomas is good though and I love eating down on the harbour inCiutadella. Mahon, Es Mercadel, Es Grau and Es Castell are well worth visits but the jewel in the crown for me is Fornells. A beautiful village on the sea with fabulous restaurants. Not be confused with Playa Fornells which is more modern and residential but still lovely.

I miss Menorca.

DOT_Spain_53_Menorca_Fornells_11.jpg

We went to Puerto Pollenca last year in the Pollensa Park. Loved it. A lot of calls for Menorca and I would agree. We spent every summer when my son was young holidaying at the golf course at Son Parc. I would not particularly recommend this resort as it’s been decimated by the all inclusive hotels taking trade away from the local businesses now.

Santa Thomas is good though and I love eating down on the harbour inCiutadella. Mahon, Es Mercadel, Es Grau and Es Castell are well worth visits but the jewel in the crown for me is Fornells. A beautiful village on the sea with fabulous restaurants. Not be confused with Playa Fornells which is more modern and residential but still lovely.

I miss Menorca.

DOT_Spain_53_Menorca_Fornells_11.jpg
Been and seen that photo many a time mate.A superb place to get a wonderful sea food meal.

Portinatx on ibiza in the el greco hotel food was spot on and has its own water park for the kids and very close to the beach just at the bottom of the steps, go round about the 15th of July and they have a great festival on all weekend with a rave on allnight and live bands on sunday night the Saturday night rave is fantastic they have 4or5 of the top DJs on the island at the time .

Stayed at El Greco last year, really enjoyed it... very chilled, great little beach and my son loved the water park.
So much so that we have just booked to go back this year on the 6th July, my lad is only 8 and is already counting the days!

Looking for a nice, quiet family resort to take the kids to this summer. Went to Puerto Pollenca in Majorca last year, and loved that. Fancy a change this summer, but something broadly similar. Any suggestions?

Croatia. Sunny weather, very cheap and friendly people.

Abbadia Lariana beside Lake Como in Italy. Middle of nowhere with a huge lake, 30 minutes train from Milan. Camped there for 5 days in the summer last year. absolutely top!

Just booked all ours for this year today. Italian cruise in April for my 40th. Dubai Atlantis palm again In may with all 5 of us. Cotswolds in the Summer and then Barbados next Xmas.

Chav wife said she had post Xmas blues

Hope to get 1 of two euro aways in as well.

You'll love it, im going again in May.

You'll love it, im going again in May.

Last time I was at the Atlantis Palm I was taken to first aid 3 times in a day. Once with dehydration, once with sun lotion in my eyes and then motion sickness from being stuck on rubber ring in rapids for about an hour. Great day.

Kids were pissing themselves. I spent 5 hours lay on a sun lounger with a towel over me wearing a camel hat and sunglasses so non of my skin could get more burnt. I made Rodney trotter look pale when he fell asleep on the sun bed.

Have you thought about the Dominican Republic? Wife and I have been twice to Punta Cana. There are a number of very nice family resorts right on the beach. Many/most are all inclusive, food, drinks, booze.

It has become a pretty popular destination for people from all over. The last time we went we ran into a number of couples from England and Ireland. There were also a good number of Germans and Italians. From talking to the locals, the Russians love it there but most keep to themselves at a Russians-centric resort it seems.

I don't think they have any direct flights from Manchester but I know they have nonstop flights to and from London from the Punta Cana airport.

Just booked 8 days in Barbados again for July, I love that place. I haven't seen a lot of the world but I can't imagine any place being more beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.