Need a new passport ASAP

Tugay One Cup

I'm off abroad in mid March and have only just realised that my passport is not going to be accepted as the photo has seperated and it's generally tattered (plus I look like I'm wearing orange lipstick and they might arrest me solely on that basis).

Does anyone have any previous experience or knowledge on how to get an application fast tracked?

Did it same day in Liverpool last time. No problems at all if your docs are in order. You just have to listen to Scouse for a few hours while you wait.

And pay a premium, I think. I got my last one on a day trip to Scouseland ten years ago and payed £96 for the privilege! You can arrange an appointment and go down, if they still do that!

I used the Postoffice fast track, cost less than parking for a few hours in L'pool, posted monday and received it Friday, no idea if this is typical.

Didn't take long for mine at all. Between a week and ten days iirc.

Only had one done in haste about 15 years ago, mine had a few days left, checked on phone and they said the airline might not let me fly as it would be expired if there was any flight delay on the way back. Headed down to Liverpool handed stuff in mid morning , car keys and mobile into tray etc, chatted up this female security guard which think might have helped. I was also dressed like I was on the beach which might have told them i needed it asap. Flight was 9pm ish so when I handed it in I said I needed it same day , they said "mid afternoon".
So I did some shopping for partner had a few pints visited Cavern Club , Liver Building etc. Went back about 1.30-2pm they said it had been ready ages. Dropped car off at long stay, bus to airport, we were drinking in bar pre flight at 6pm . I was well pissed when I got on plane.

Every time I done it by post it's been a 6-9 months before flight so never been in a rush so never took notice of posting time which i guess is the info you need. Know 6-7 people who also done a same day one family and friends so as Blueish Swede said "if you don;t mind scouse accents" do it that way if you want it in your hand . If not read the posts of people who have had more recent experiences by post.
Only posted this to let you know if you cock it up by mail , if you have transport you can always head to Dipper central and it won't take too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.