Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that would all happen at the medical - which injured players still have.

Also - he's out for ~4months right? That takes us to July or early August.

We might just be agreeing a deal, but not actually completing it until he is fit again.
I think we will (no inside info and stuff), but the lad is 21 years old does July/August here or there really make a difference in a 5 year contract? The only reason to back out is if we find something amiss in the medical due to his current injury.

NEW JUST IN

Marca are reporting that a deal for 21 year old center back Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Club Bilbao is all but confirmed for 39.6 million, with the deal near enough finalized, and looking likely to be City's 3rd signing of the next transfer window, when announced.

every manager ever: "I Want all my signings before pre-season starts" clubs sending helicopters for players on 31 August

Pep "I want all my signings before pre-season starts" half a new team in place with 8 games to go the season before. Pep is a boss.

So go into the season with Denayer, Laporte, Kompany and Otamendi. I'd be happy. There is enough experience and energy in there.

Think mangala will stay too!

Makes sense to me for at least a season.

Otamendi/Laporte/Denayer/Mangala are the 4 main CBs.

Kompany plays whenever he can.

Pep does often play 3 CBs so even if all 5 are for we should be ok with them all playing enough.

Denayer can move around a bit so there's extra flexibility there.

If Mangala is really not capable of improving under the new system and with Pep's coaching then move him on at the end of the season and depending on how things go, promote an academy kid or buy in someone else.

Think mangala will stay too!

i can't see it personally, he just doesn't seem a pep type player to me.

i think if he was in a team in which he was just in their to defend, like a mourinho side or even this leicester team under ranieri, i think he will thrive.

i don't think we will sell him but a loan could be likely i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.