John Terry..

It's a really nice thoughtful gesture to take some of the financial pressure & worry off the poor parents and will allow them to say goodbye in a much nicer way. As others have said and I second their opinion he has definitely gone up in my estimation too.

Well done John & my sincerest condolences to Tommi Miller's family at what must be a very sad & difficult time for them.

Fair play to him, like many have said he didn't have to do it and it wasn't him that went public with it (as far as I can see).
My daughter is 6 now and has many complex needs, we have come close to losing her a couple of times. So well done John I say (still don't like the bloke tho ;-)

I can understand why rival fans think JT is a c**t but he does this sort of thing all the time behind the scenes, as for it being public knowledge the news was broke by a family friend who asked for his help, she went public with it not him.

I'm sure there's 100s of celebs/footballers who do the same but its nice to have a positive story about JT for a change.
"Think"?

;-)

It doesn't matter if it was less than half of one percent of his weekly wage; he was under no obligation to put his hand in his pocket.

Yeah - only goes a fraction of the way to probably changing what most of us feel about the guy and despite the fact its a tiny %age of his wages its still a kind gesture to a family at an awful time for them - gets the big thumbs up from me and there are sooooo many wealthy people who could take a leaf out of this book I tell you.

Good to remember that:
We often have opinions about people based only on the small parts of their lives we see;
and
Even though sometimes we might be justified in not liking their general nature, not everyone is a perma-tw*t all of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.