Vincent Kompany 2015/16 performances

I think people talking about "no one will take him off our hands" are being very harsh, we should stand by Kompany and either get his problems sorted or early retirement and take an ambassador role, I defeintely don't want him sold. He is club captain and now is when he needs us most to stand by him. I'm not being over sentimental, he deserves it from us.

I agree with a previous post where his groin injury is linked to his calf problems. His solution to his problems seems to be work harder and put on even more muscle, so one "weak" muscle is just putting more strain on everything else.

I commented previously I think he works "too hard" and only my opinion but I stand by it, he seems too muscle bound, he is a big bloke anyway. I know as people get older (me included!) suffer more injuries but when he was younger, even with his big frame, he seemed more wirey, less muscle and more speed. I'd love to see him with that physique again, but he seems to be bulking up more every time. I remember Micah doing something similar one summer, was quick and strong anyway but turned up for start of the season looking like he had been bench pressing the rest of the squad all summer and had lost half a yard.

I don't think his large frame and running gait help things, for a big man he is incredibly nimble, which I think adds to the issue, I just think the extra weight of all his muscles are adding to the problem. Stop doing weights, lose the muscle, and if problem is still happening may be time to call it at day. I just think something different has to be tried because whatever we or he is doing now seems counter productive.

I'm not a physio or doc, either, bud!

Simply stands to reason if you have a problem with your hamstrings, you devote more time to strengthening them, calves, whatever.

McPointalot and Wio, who know a lot of about injuries, were saying exactly this the other night.

Hello All!
Saved my very first post on BlueMoon to comment on this one :-). As a Doctor of Physiotherapy, I've actually been monitoring Kompany's injuries and recoveries for the past several months (when this series of knocks began to be more regular). Granted, I don't have the luxury of examining Kompany personally, but from what I've seen and read through training pictures and videos, and articles, of him being treated and trained, it seems that his problem is more global (dealing with his skeletal alignment, hip and pelvic alignment, and posture). The team's docs and physios have, technically, done "what is necessary" to get him ready to play for the next game, but seems to not have addressed the deeper nature of his dysfunctions.
The situation is akin to not having a level or sound foundation with a house: the problems with the home will initially manifest as the doors closing "funny" or the windows "not tracking right." You can buy the most expensive doors and windows to replace those that aren't working, but it still doesn't address the deeper issue of the home's foundation.
As it deals with Kompany, his calves are going, his hips/thighs/groin are also now being injured, and if he continues on this same track of just receiving "myopic" treatments (merely addressing those particular areas that are breaking down), it won't surprise me if his knees and/or low back would be next to get injured (the areas and joints immediately above and below those areas which have already been injured).
Is he fixable? Absolutely. But the nature of his medical and physio treatments have to focus more on ensuring that his hips, pelvis, spine and posture are all more patent and aligned. Once these areas are addressed, everything should fall back into place.

Thank you for allowing me to chime in!

Th
Hello All!
Saved my very first post on BlueMoon to comment on this one :-). As a Doctor of Physiotherapy, I've actually been monitoring Kompany's injuries and recoveries for the past several months (when this series of knocks began to be more regular). Granted, I don't have the luxury of examining Kompany personally, but from what I've seen and read through training pictures and videos, and articles, of him being treated and trained, it seems that his problem is more global (dealing with his skeletal alignment, hip and pelvic alignment, and posture). The team's docs and physios have, technically, done "what is necessary" to get him ready to play for the next game, but seems to not have addressed the deeper nature of his dysfunctions.
The situation is akin to not having a level or sound foundation with a house: the problems with the home will initially manifest as the doors closing "funny" or the windows "not tracking right." You can buy the most expensive doors and windows to replace those that aren't working, but it still doesn't address the deeper issue of the home's foundation.
As it deals with Kompany, his calves are going, his hips/thighs/groin are also now being injured, and if he continues on this same track of just receiving "myopic" treatments (merely addressing those particular areas that are breaking down), it won't surprise me if his knees and/or low back would be next to get injured (the areas and joints immediately above and below those areas which have already been injured).
Is he fixable? Absolutely. But the nature of his medical and physio treatments have to focus more on ensuring that his hips, pelvis, spine and posture are all more patent and aligned. Once these areas are addressed, everything should fall back into place.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Hope he can be fixed. Hopefully the City medical staff have read this post.

Hello All!

Thanks for the input! Pep will probably fuck off our medical staff, so maybe it'll get sorted :)

In any case, I agree with the other posters that this has started affecting him mentally and Vinny needs to think about his future and accept a reduced role. Hopefully leading to something else at the club. Gutted for him, but I personnaly wouldn't want to see him decline too much as a player.

Rolee sorry to say can't see Vincent playing many games for Belgium in the Euro's. If Vincent wants to carry on playing he needs a complete rest until we start pre season in July, even then he will not be able to play 3 games week in week out. The new manager Pep will have to play him sparingly may be keep him for the bigger games against the top teams. IF this happens then maybe we will be able to avoid Vincent being out for most of next season.

Hello All!

Thanks for the input! Puts my mind to rest. Hope they can address the root of problems!

It's got everything to do with it, mate.

He's having to overcompensate in other areas of his body, and you start to not work as hard on those areas that haven't been an issue, previously.

Exactly, is body is compensating for the weakness in his calfs, as you already said, sometimes your body tells you enough is enough.

I worry the same thing is beginning to hit Silva aswell.

Seriously! WTF is all this bullshit about getting rid of Vinnie?

It breaks my heart to see him go off injured once again, but lets get behind him as we always do.
Hes a fucking legend, and forever will be. As long as he wishes to continue there will be no fucking discussions.

Hell come back stronger, im sure of it!

Exactly, is body is compensating for the weakness in his calfs, as you already said, sometimes your body tells you enough is enough.

I worry the same thing is beginning to hit Silva aswell.

I hate to repeat myself and point it out to you again, but Silva's struggle this season is due to pain after ankle injury and this is not the same as muscles (though the latest setback is on hamstring, which is probably an one-off, or something to do with a change in gait due to the pain. Evidence is conflicting, but to date I haven't found any studies illustrating the association between ankle sprain and hamstring strain). If Vinny's problem is treatable (see the post of NoVABlue), there should be no question about Silva's, for the root cause is more obvious and treatment required should be much simpler, at least according to the schoolwork I've done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.