Pep- dont expect......

Lot of sense in that but with his Pedigree I expect the decline of the last two years to be reversed and we will at least compete for the title, something we have not done for 2 years. I expect to see more wins against the better sides (Not hard) and more of our younger players being given a chance. I hope to see more effort from the players, more astute tactics and in game management and the passion that has been missing recently returning to both club and fans.

My take on the other sides

I cant see Arsenal getting any better unless they spend some money, something they always seem loathe to do.
Cant see Leicester being up there next season but may make top 6 at a push if keep all players
Southampton - as above
Everton - If they sack Martinez, bring a decent manager in and spend some money could be back in top 6 but aging players gives them a problem
Liverpool I would agree as I think he is a good manager and with 3/4 signings they could be right up there
Spurs - I'm not sure but cant see them being any worse unless they lose their manager/Kane
West Ham - I can see them having a reasonable season but not sure the move of stadium will help them next season so would expect them to be top 8 but not much better.
United - Depends what they do like you say. Keep VG and they wont challenge. Get Mourinho and spend a load of cash and they may.
Chelsea - It would be a remarkable turnaround to go from 40 odd points to title winners although Leicester did so it is possible. I see them having another transitional year with Terry gone.

My top 4 next season would be Us, Liverpool, Arsenal and United if I had to predict. Not sure what order though
Tothenham?

What I would say is that we have as much chance as ANY other club in the league of winning it next season. Everyone, or at least all the 'big' clubs are starting from a position of relative under performance. Spurs are the only ones who have over achieved. I still fancy us to win it because I think Pep won't need months and months to get the team performing. Hell, the current side has only really thrown away the title since Feb.
This team is more than capable right now. Poor management is why we are where we are.

I don't think Pep will have an issue at all.

Out

Willy
Zab (would like to see him stay in some capacity.
Sanga (maybe back up one season)
Kolorov
Mangala (loan maybe)
Demicles
Fernado
Yaya
Bony

9 Replacements wow!!

Also need back up for Silva/Narsi

Could always promote from youth to cut down on number of signings required.
Bring back Patrick Roberts / Den? guy on loan Turkey and Garcias etc who played well in FA Cup against Chelsea.
really don't know why Pellers did not use some of them against Southamton and Liverpool the complete plank!

Was wondering when this was gonna get pointed out about Navas

I've been pointing it out for years & loads of people I know have seen it. Near post in particular is often a dead zone but the easiest ball for Navas to find.

It was also a problem pre Navas, under Mancini. Then back in the days when I thought Pellegrini knew what he was doing, I thought he was on top of it with Negredo, who was sprinting in there, & was then copied by Dzeko. Turns out it was just Negredo naturally getting in there & Dzeko seeing it from the bench, not Pellegrini. Jovetic got in there a few times too. Now it's as often seen as a nun's knickers.

I think it was v Real Madrid when a Navas cross actually rolled over the 6 yard box in the centre, & Aguero was stood still at the far post with two defenders between him & the ball, impossible to pass to. If it was a decoy move, it was the worst ever.

Navas is not a great crosser of the ball nor very smart but where I sit, you can see what he is looking at in the box & it's nothing.

Pep has really got into crosses & diagonals at Bayern & I expect a vast improvement in attempts of both & on players trying to meet them.

I could quite easily see about 5 or 6 signings with Pep giving far greater opportunities to youngsters. You just know that he'll want to incorporate youth, and he could probably work wonders with the potential we've got. The same applies to Kelechi & Raheem, who I think will really benefit from his management.

In
Laporte
Stones
Vrsaljko
Gundogan
Coric
Sane
Dembele
Rulli/ter Stegen
Out
Caballero
Zaba
Mangala
Kolorov
Bony

You heard it here first ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.