John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get this done. Hopefully Everton will take Bony as part of the deal, but I doubt it.

I agree....we've dragged this out long enough now...if we willing to offer 45mil cash....lets just get the official bid in! Seems like Stones has done his bit and ready for the move..would be great to get Stones, Sane and Peres done in the next week....then we can sit back a little and be ready to jump if a world class midfielder comes available over the summer!; )

If Pep rates Stones as a fundamental component of his plan, and he seems confident of moulding Stones into an almost flawless player, and from these he values his commitment to polish Stones at £50 million, then there is no two ways about it. Hopefully the club negotiates a lower offer, or an offer plus swap, but at this point £50 million it is if Stones is indeed a diamond in the rough.

A bit wary though because Boateng is not exactly a solid defender. just last week he was flailing in his own box and conceded a penalty.

Think Stones has a better basic defensive foundation the Boateng did when he left City, just a few tweaks, a Pep talk and he'll flourish under PG at City.

If Pep rates Stones as a fundamental component of his plan, and he seems confident of moulding Stones into an almost flawless player, and from these he values his commitment to polish Stones at £50 million, then there is no two ways about it. Hopefully the club negotiates a lower offer, or an offer plus swap, but at this point £50 million it is if Stones is indeed a diamond in the rough.

A bit wary though because Boateng is not exactly a solid defender. just last week he was flailing in his own box and conceded a penalty.
I have to wonder if some on here have ever played a second of competitive football. Defending is hard especially against quality players. No one is a flawless defender. The old greats of Beckenbauer and Moore made mistakes. So did more modern defensive legends Koeman,Baresi, Maldini. All defenders make mistakes, they normally cost the team as well. As defenders become more experienced they read the game better and make better decisions if they are good enough to learn. Few have the ability to play with the ball at their feet. Stones does, I can't wait for him to arrive and learn from a coach as good as Pep.

I will personally fly from across the pond, learn how to drive on the left side of the road, and drive Wilf to Goodison if it means he's gone. I'll even buy his lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.