Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Real will come in at the last minute and take him and thats exactly the plan in the Pogba camp.

The whole "selling kits argument" is lost on me.

If you sold 20m kits last year, and this year the same 20m bought a new kit but 19m had "Pogba" on the back. Nothing has been gained, and yet it's easy to get dragged into the thinking that Pogba is selling loads of shirts and so he's worth the money. He's not selling loads of shirts, he's just the top pick of name on the back for people who would have bought a shirt anyway. The real question is how many people would buy a shirt with Pogba on the back who would have otherwise not bought a kit at all. Do people really buy a kit for the name, seems an afterthought to me.
They sell about 3 million shirts a year but they don't get the money for those. Adidas pay them for the rights to produce the kit and they're not going to pay a fortune and let the club keep all the sales revenue as well.

I bet the club retain no more than £10 a shirt. They'd need to sell 2m additional shirts a year, every year to pay for Pogba.

Exactly this.

And yet it hardly seems to be getting mentioned, even on here.

We would be an absolute laughing stock and ripped to shreds by the media if we'd let someone go on a free then bought him back for £100m!

Don't let the rags get away without any abuse. Anyone on social media like Facebook, TAG A RAG who you know took the piss out of our spending when we had to quickly get to the top table. All those pricks whose only argument was sugar daddy, oil money, City ruining football etc give it them back in spades - once the £100m transfer PLUS £20m agent's fee PLUS £220,000 PER WEEK NET wages has been confirmed. Use the term HYPOCRITE too.

I still think Real will come in at the last minute and take him and thats exactly the plan in the Pogba camp.

I'm not sure about that, but Zidane's comments the other day were interesting - he was hardly ruling out them making a move and it would be odd for him to talk like that if Pogba had already decided to join United, which is what all the media sources would have us believe.

In any case, as much as I'd sooner him not sign for them I've pretty much got my head round him going there now so I won't be too disappointed if it does indeed happen. As GDM said, they weren't going to be making a mess of things forever and it's not like we're in too shabby a position. Bring it on.

I'm not sure about that, but Zidane's comments the other day were interesting - he was hardly ruling out them making a move and it would be odd for him to talk like that if Pogba had already decided to join United, which is what all the media sources would have us believe.

In any case, as much as I'd sooner him not sign for them I've pretty much got my head round him going there now so I won't be too disappointed if it does indeed happen. As GDM said, they weren't going to be making a mess of things forever and it's not like we're in too shabby a position. Bring it on.
All I ever wanted was for us to be at the top table again; whoever we have to share it with.

They will probably announce the signing right after we announce Stones and/or Sane, trying to steal our thunder.

Not that I doubt it will be done, it's a hilarious drama

Very clever ramping up the hype to the max. Just like when he tweeted 'no deal done lots of bla,bla,bla' days before Adidas rolled out their new ad campaign with the same slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.