Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mundo Deportivo are saying he's told Barcelona that he has an offer from City, and won't accept being rotated this season.

Presume he's just using our interest as leverage. Would've thought they're more likely to let Bravo go than Stegen.

Mundo Deportivo are saying he's told Barcelona that he has an offer from City, and won't accept being rotated this season.

Presume he's just using our interest as leverage. Would've thought they're more likely to let Bravo go than Stegen.
Ric do you think there's a chance?

No club in the world will approve a keepers demands to be an unrivalled automatic choice,and i think it would be foolish to employ such a character.

Definitely leverage.

Most likely so. Curious to see if this direct approach upsets the apple cart with Barca. City linked with Bravo too so possible he agitates for a move if Ter Stegen is named starter?

No club in the world will approve a keepers demands to be an unrivalled automatic choice,and i think it would be foolish to employ such a character.

Definitely leverage.

There were reports a while ago that ter Stegen was told he'd be the number 1 choice for all comps next season so I'm surprised this is resurfacing.

There were reports a while ago that ter Stegen was told he'd be the number 1 choice for all comps next season so I'm surprised this is resurfacing.
And what happens if form goes or the number two shows better ability?

No keeper can be guaranteed the number 1 spot,you just start with it and hope to retain it.

No keeper can be guaranteed the number 1 spot,you just start with it and hope to retain it.
Well that's exactly it. Ter Stegen's and Bravo's arrangement last year made it so that no matter how good Ter Stegen performs, he will only play Cup & CL matches. And Bravo with the PL. I think he wants assurance that if he performs, he gets to start on all matches.

Yeah but at the moment Barcelona have given Bravo the league, and ter Stegen the cup competitions. He's not demanding to be first choice beyond all reproach or drop of form, he just wants to be the number 1 in all comps - like 99% of goalkeepers.

Yeah but at the moment Barcelona have given Bravo the league, and ter Stegen the cup competitions. He's not demanding to be first choice beyond all reproach or drop of form, he just wants to be the number 1 in all comps - like 99% of goalkeepers.
Then thats a different proposition,more reasonable - A goalkeeper shouldnt be 'unnecessarily' rotated IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.