Rio Olympics

BBC Sports Personality is going to be a nightmare to pick this year. Whitlock, Trott, Kenny, Murray are the ones that stick out but i'm probably doing a disservice to plenty of others like Farah and Froome, Glover & Stanning, Rose etc... Bar Englands football team, it's been a bloody good year.

Trott for me. She's well on her way to becoming Britain's best Olympian and she's still only 24.

Just watched that controversial boxing math and I'm no expert at all with boxing but that Russian swung at pure air at leat 20 times and some were embarrassing imo, so on that alone I don't get how hed win but let's play devil's advocate and say the Russian did legit win first round and the Irish lad won the second ( which he did dominate ) there's no way on gods green earth did the Russian unanimously dominate that final round. Obviously fixed.

I live in Farnworth, from where Jason Kenny is from, NOT Bolton. We've not a lot of to be proud of, apart from Alan Ball. But by Christ, we are proud of this lad. Well done Jason.!!!

Just watched that controversial boxing math and I'm no expert at all with boxing but that Russian swung at pure air at leat 20 times and some were embarrassing imo, so on that alone I don't get how hed win but let's play devil's advocate and say the Russian did legit win first round and the Irish lad won the second ( which he did dominate ) there's no way on gods green earth did the Russian unanimously dominate that final round. Obviously fixed.

Can't knock the kids honesty.

Can't knock the kids honesty.

That's what got me checking it out, he came across as genuine and heartfelt and I loved his brutal honesty and the fact the news channel didn't censor it.

The Brazilian sports fans are some of the worst in the world. Booing Lavillenie as he got his silver medal, I understand cheering your countryman on but booing a great champion is a joke, especially in athletics where athletes train to be the best and put on a show for the crowd.

That Irish boxer was robbed. I no nowt about boxing but so obvious.
Felt sorry for the wonderfully named Grabarz he jumped and the white flag was raised then bar fell off.
Edit decision reversed and Grabarz jump is allowed.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.