Ticket Collection Celtic away

Do you think United for example are going to let City officials man the turnstiles?
Are you being deliberately obtuse? I'm talking about checking just outside the turnstile, the same way a lot of clubs look at the ticket outside the turnstile. It has to be better than going into two separate queues, one to collect the ticket and another to get in the stadium.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I'm talking about checking just outside the turnstile, the same way a lot of clubs look at the ticket outside the turnstile. It has to be better than going into two separate queues, one to collect the ticket and another to get in the stadium.
The same point applies. Why would local police and away clubs allow City to set up a checkpoint right next to a turnstile? It would have a huge impact on crowd control. Most grounds just don't have an area that would be suitable for that to be put in place. It would slow up admittance into the stadium and cause more problems than it would solve. If you've been to Liverpool away for example it's very difficult to imagine this being set up without major police involvement and as it doesn't address crowd control the police wouldn't be interested.

Is it too simplistic to produce what ever you need to pick up your ticket for the game to the German travel people and get the free travel .
What is the difference showing your e,mail and I'd than your ticket or does your match ticket swipe on German transport ?

Personally I'm glad that the club has introduced something that makes it more difficult for fans who buy tickets and sell them on regularly just so they can stay at the front of the queue.

It's not the clubs fault that some that want to go can only take half a days holiday etc. Ticket collection ensures that those that purchase tickets actually go to the game and that's fair.

I little bit of an inconvenience at times maybe but I'm all for it.

so you think it's fair that I can't go to European games anymore because of this system? I have over 16000 points, don't live in the area and go to the games with my parents who have no intention of going to euro aways due to work commitments so my brother goes with me instead. he's a city fan too but doesn't have a season ticket as has to work most weekends. I've been to over 10 euro aways with him but now I can't go on anymore as I'm unwilling to travel on my own. there should be something in the system where a family member can pick up the ticket. It's a joke. I've also sold a ticket I had for an away game once so I'm sorry for being a points whore!

The same point applies. Why would local police and away clubs allow City to set up a checkpoint right next to a turnstile? It would have a huge impact on crowd control. Most grounds just don't have an area that would be suitable for that to be put in place. It would slow up admittance into the stadium and cause more problems than it would solve. If you've been to Liverpool away for example it's very difficult to imagine this being set up without major police involvement and as it doesn't address crowd control the police wouldn't be interested.
As I've already said, I don't see the need for any collection system at domestic aways but if there is to be one it has to be one that causes least disruption all-round and having two separate queues in the vicinity of the stadium makes for more problems for the police IMO.

I'm not advocating a collection system for Premier League games, although for all I know, some people might have bought a ticket for Norwich and Sunderland (or the subsidised Chelsea FA Cup game) and still not bothered attending.
I was querying this obsession with eradicating "points whoring" and whether games like Stoke, (especially now that away trips are capped at £30) are actually far worse.

You could well be right.

Also, in recent years in the Champs League there has also been an allocation of Corporate tickets that was transparent. I recall these being made a available, for example, for Pilzen away. I'm not heard about these tickets for recent Champs League and maybe they are only being made available to our Corporate fans.

Normally I wouldn't be interested in the corporate tickets but my return train fare to Glasgow is £32 and like lots of Blues I'm very keen to see the Celtic game.

You could well be right.

Also, in recent years in the Champs League there has also been an allocation of Corporate tickets that was transparent. I recall these being made a available, for example, for Pilzen away. I'm not heard about these tickets for recent Champs League and maybe they are only being made available to our Corporate fans.

Normally I wouldn't be interested in the corporate tickets but my return train fare to Glasgow is £32 and like lots of Blues I'm very keen to see the Celtic game.
They were also available to S/T holders for Napoli away, something like £100 IIRC - and tbh I think they would have been more dangerous than being with the main body of Blues in the gods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.