Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole night was average!!!! Maffeo did not show anything to suggest he could be called upon in a real game.
Well if the whole night was average then surely he did well?

Did he do anything to suggest that he couldn't be called upon in a real game?

Well if the whole night was average then surely he did well?

Did he do anything to suggest that he couldn't be called upon in a real game?

Yes he didn't give me the confidence to be called upon in a proper game like Angelino did. Would you be confident at this moment in his development from Wednesday's showing that he could cope against a Wilfried Zaha let alone a Eden Hazard.

Yes he didn't give me the confidence to be called upon in a proper game like Angelino did. Would you be confident at this moment in his development from Wednesday's showing that he could cope against a Wilfried Zaha let alone a Eden Hazard.
FYI not many full backs in the world can cope against Hazard. And why do you think Maffeo would struggle and Angelino not? I think Angelino would have a by far more difficult time than Maffeo as the former looks much better defensivly.

FYI not many full backs in the world can cope against Hazard. And why do you think Maffeo would struggle and Angelino not? I think Angelino would have a by far more difficult time than Maffeo as the former looks much better defensivly.

FYI thats why I mentioned someone Premier League average like Zaha LET ALONE Hazard. Don't just pick out the bits you want to.

Angelino looked more of a first team player than Maffeo who i thought was very average even against average opposition. With Kolarov the new Bobby Moore i can see him getting a lot of minutes this year.

I thought the same. I was a little disappointed with Maffeo as I thought he would have looked more comfortable than he did given he's been here from day 1 of pre season and he's played some important first team games for Girona. Not sure if it was nerves but he didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. I didn't think his passing was great and I thought he looked vulnerable when receiving the ball in midfield. Defensively he was nothing more than OK. Second half he was better though like many of the seniors so perhaps we weren't prepared for Steaua to park the bus?

Whilst I don't think Angelino is much of a defender, what stuck out to me was his part in the second press, competing for the ball in the wide areas. He did that so well and used the ball really well when he got it, making intelligent runs off it. He looks like he can slot into multiple positions too so he's one I would certainly keep around at the moment and is worthy of a spot on the bench most weeks to me. He's versatile and looked at home with the players around him.

I thought the same. I was a little disappointed with Maffeo as I thought he would have looked more comfortable than he did given he's been here from day 1 of pre season and he's played some important first team games for Girona. Not sure if it was nerves but he didn't impress me as much as I thought he would. I didn't think his passing was great and I thought he looked vulnerable when receiving the ball in midfield. Defensively he was nothing more than OK. Second half he was better though like many of the seniors so perhaps we weren't prepared for Steaua to park the bus?

Whilst I don't think Angelino is much of a defender, what stuck out to me was his part in the second press, competing for the ball in the wide areas. He did that so well and used the ball really well when he got it, making intelligent runs off it. He looks like he can slot into multiple positions too so he's one I would certainly keep around at the moment and is worthy of a spot on the bench most weeks to me. He's versatile and looked at home with the players around him.

Both very promising players.

Maffeo is the better defender & Angelino the better footballer. Both have to learn to come to terms with playing at this level & imo should have been started with cameo apearences like on Wed, more than a year ago to get the nerves & over excitement out of their systems so they can settle & learn.

Both better options than the seniors for me. Bring a different level of energy and have better control and endeavour Maffeo was the best player first 20 mins .

FYI thats why I mentioned someone Premier League average like Zaha LET ALONE Hazard. Don't just pick out the bits you want to.
Well IIRC Zaha completed more take ons than any other player last season so he's certainly not average. He's just brainless and has a shit final ball.

Both very promising players.

Maffeo is the better defender & Angelino the better footballer. Both have to learn to come to terms with playing at this level & imo should have been started with cameo apearences like on Wed, more than a year ago to get the nerves & over excitement out of their systems so they can settle & learn.

Agree, have always thought alot of Maffeo as a defender and a footballer from when I saw him with the U18's and EDS. He always stood out at those levels as the best defensive prospect. He's crying out for regular football now

Totally agree with your second point, we need to be introducing players for cameos earlier (16/17/18) for that very reasons. 10 established top class players and 1 talented youngster wouldnt not see the first team fall to bits

Agree, have always thought alot of Maffeo as a defender and a footballer from when I saw him with the U18's and EDS. He always stood out at those levels as the best defensive prospect. He's crying out for regular football now

Totally agree with your second point, we need to be introducing players for cameos earlier (16/17/18) for that very reasons. 10 established top class players and 1 talented youngster wouldnt not see the first team fall to bits

We have seen top players sometimes go to new clubs & take a whole year to settle, nervous or off the pace, yet kids are often expected to be spot on from their first game without the same consideration.

I would like Maffeo Angelino etc to stay at City this season & work with Pep even if they only get on occasionally. Spend this season doing the development they should have had last year, then see where they are up to by the end of the season. Same with Denayer, Garcia etc.

I wish Jack Byrne had stayed at the club now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.