Tosin Adarabioyo

We have actually got a fantastic group of players, many of whom have the potential to become stars.

What happens next, will determine that, but a player not making it, does not mean he couldn't have done so under different circumstances or that the talent wasn't there. The Premier League contains a selection of ex City players right now, some of whom were nowhere near as good as others who ended up disappearing, in spite of being much better footballers, faster, smarter etc.

Shit happens & imo far too much shit happens to young players in this country, including piss poor coaching, piss poor influence, shit loans & piss poor managers not using hem at the right time.

City have some of the best young players probably in the world. It's not impossible we could have two teams' worth come through at senior level. It's also not impossible we could have none.

But that doesn't mean the talent isn't there. Many of these kids are fucking great.

I'm definitely not disputing the fact that they are extremely talented and well organised now at academy level. I'm merely highlighting that overhyping them isn't helpful, for anyone.

I watch as many games as I can and know that some of them are special for their age. It's just that fans who can't get to see them often rely on what people write/post about them and are clearly influenced - before they've even seen them play!!

It creates false expectations on young players who are inconsistent and learning their trade.

All I'm saying is we need to be patient and the academy will 100% come through for us.

I'm definitely not disputing the fact that they are extremely talented and well organised now at academy level. I'm merely highlighting that overhyping them isn't helpful, for anyone.

I watch as many games as I can and know that some of them are special for their age. It's just that fans who can't get to see them often rely on what people write/post about them and are clearly influenced - before they've even seen them play!!

It creates false expectations on young players who are inconsistent and learning their trade.

All I'm saying is we need to be patient and the academy will 100% come through for us.

Yes but the 'patience' thing is surely about what they may or may not become, rather than what they are now.

If we have kids which are fucking amazing for their age by any kind of comparison & full of potential, then it's not wrong to say so.

If they don't make it, that's a different thing. Years ago when people like Barnes & Owen or later Lake etc came through, or SWP, there was no guarantee they'd do it until they actually did it. But it didn't stop us talking about how good they were & how we hoped they'd eventually get a chance in the first team.

This lot now, over several age groups, is way ahead of anything I've seen & I keep seeing new ones just as good!

The posters who sometimes spark the hyperbole about particular players are only trying to pass on their first hand experience of watching city youth teams that rarely fail to win and often destroy their peers, to be fair. The level they are doing that at though is a long long way from doing that in the Premier League and Champions League. An obvious point of course but I agree that you can sometimes read these threads and easily go away thinking 'Well fuck, why is Sancho not playing left wing in the first team instead of Sterling'

We've had a winning EDS for years now but what is that level of football comparable to?

Finally a decent post on the subject, I don't agree with you but that is your opinion and I can respect that.

Hand on heart I agree with you though, I don't think he'll make it with us. But I'd like nothing more than to be proved wrong as he's talented and must be coach-able if Pep's got him with the first team still

The posters who sometimes spark the hyperbole about particular players are only trying to pass on their first hand experience of watching city youth teams that rarely fail to win and often destroy their peers, to be fair. The level they are doing that at though is a long long way from doing that in the Premier League and Champions League. An obvious point of course but I agree that you can sometimes read these threads and easily go away thinking 'Well fuck, why is Sancho not playing left wing in the first team instead of Sterling'

We've had a winning EDS for years now but what is that level of football comparable to?

Yeah, I get that to be fair - and im often asked that and I pretty much always reply that Sancho is miles off the first team yet. It's genuinely all relative to the level that they're at.

The difference is, Tosin is quite clearly currently miles better & a very promising young player to anyone who knows hs arse from his elbow or doesn't have an agenda.

There's no difference, it's your opinion. Struggling to understand why you cannot grasp that fact.

You strike me as one of those fans that Jadon Sancho is currently retweeing non stop before unfollowing him in a years time like a present being thrown away by a kid who received it last Christmas.

There's no difference, it's your opinion. Struggling to understand why you cannot grasp that fact.

You strike me as one of those fans that Jadon Sancho is currently retweeing non stop before unfollowing him in a years time like a present being thrown away by a kid who received it last Christmas.

Oh is he on your shitlist as well now ? Another fantastic talent.

Yes it's my opinion that it is impossible & fucking stupid to write off Tosin at this point.

That doesn't mean he will make it. Just that nobody in his right mind would claim to know he won't make it.

It is also my opinion that anyone who says they already know he won't make it or denys that he has talent, is talking complete shite or has an agenda.

Yup. The level of the U18s they're up against is probably incomparable to anything in men's football, simply because of the gulf in physique between those levels.

EDS-wise it's probably the equivalent of playing against Dutch third division teams, maybe lower.

It's encouraging though that the very good young players we have are able to have an impact in the Eredivisie, based on Byrne, Unal and, hopefully, Celina.

Yup. The level of the U18s they're up against is probably incomparable to anything in men's football, simply because of the gulf in physique between those levels.

EDS-wise it's probably the equivalent of playing against Dutch third division teams, maybe lower.
Presumably part of the reasoning behind pushing the U18's up to the U23's league this year with last seasons U16's moving en masse to the U18's. The first 3 EDS games have seen us field sides that average 2 years younger than Derby and 16 months younger than Reading, Arsenal seem to be doing similar to ourselves as they were nearly equivalent.

The U18's side will be similar but with a tighter spread.

Presumably part of the reasoning behind pushing the U18's up to the U23's league this year with last seasons U16's moving en masse to the U18's. The first 3 EDS games have seen us field sides that average 2 years younger than Derby and 16 months younger than Reading, Arsenal seem to be doing similar to ourselves as they were nearly equivalent.

The U18's side will be similar but with a tighter spread.

It's a good move in my opinion and hopefully accelerates progress.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.