Angelino

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen top players sometimes go to new clubs & take a whole year to settle, nervous or off the pace, yet kids are often expected to be spot on from their first game without the same consideration.

I would like Maffeo Angelino etc to stay at City this season & work with Pep even if they only get on occasionally. Spend this season doing the development they should have had last year, then see where they are up to by the end of the season. Same with Denayer, Garcia etc.

I wish Jack Byrne had stayed at the club now.

You maybe right, they may develop better here under Pep. I just thought Maffeo's performance on Wednesday was one of a player in need of experience which I think he could get with a 6 month loan at a challenging level. Maybe stay here until Jan and then loan maybe the best way to develop him this season?

Byrne's a strange case. You would have thought he would have spent the start of pre season with the new manager to at least show him what he's got, even if the plan was still to go out on loan.

You maybe right, they may develop better here under Pep. I just thought Maffeo's performance on Wednesday was one of a player in need of experience which I think he could get with a 6 month loan at a challenging level. Maybe stay here until Jan and then loan maybe the best way to develop him this season?

Byrne's a strange case. You would have thought he would have spent the start of pre season with the new manager to at least show him what he's got, even if the plan was still to go out on loan.

Well Jan could be a decent time to assess how the kids are going on, so long as they get some time with Pep & maybe a few appearences.

I'm concerned for Byrne & thought he would be a first team contender here. I think he'd look better with City's players round him. He could end up in a shitstorm there.

Well Jan could be a decent time to assess how the kids are going on, so long as they get some time with Pep & maybe a few appearences.

I'm concerned for Byrne & thought he would be a first team contender here. I think he'd look better with City's players round him. He could end up in a shitstorm there.

It could also be the making of him having to deal with what looks to be brewing there. He seems like the kind of lad not to be fazed by a club in turmoil. He performed well in a poor side last season.

I wouldn't have expected us to sign one of the bright lights in what was Hollands worst top level team last season to instantly join our squad for this season so I didn't expect Byrne to come back and go into a rotation with Silva and Gundogan. But I did think he'd want to show the boss what he could do before heading out on loan. I wonder why he didn't?

It could also be the making of him having to deal with what looks to be brewing there. He seems like the kind of lad not to be fazed by a club in turmoil. He performed well in a poor side last season.

I wouldn't have expected us to sign one of the bright lights in what was Hollands worst top level team last season to instantly join our squad for this season so I didn't expect Byrne to come back and go into a rotation with Silva and Gundogan. But I did think he'd want to show the boss what he could do before heading out on loan. I wonder why he didn't?

I don't understand it. Maybe Blackburn insisted on him going straight there.

But watching Byrne last season, I recon he would have given Silva etc a run for their money. This season's version of Silva is working a lot harder tbf, but the little snippets I saw of Byrne playing for Blackburn, I still wouldn't write off his chances of regular first team games if he was at City now.

Maybe it was the uncertainty of moving on Nasri etc which decided it.

Maybe it was the uncertainty of moving on Nasri etc which decided it.
i was going to post similar last night myself. He would have had a greater understanding of what was happening at the club than us and decided that he'd get this season sorted early for himself rather than hang on all Summer wondering 'should I go or should I stay now'. It wouldn't surprise me if the decision was entirely down to himself once he'd spoken to people as he comes across as an intelligent and very down to earth lad who's got his future mapped out in his head. He certainly shouldn't struggle for game time this season and hopefully it'll stand him in good stead for next season when we've had a couple more transfer windows to sort the squad out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.