West Ham - post match thread

Just seen MOTD. I really dont think Serg will have anything to answer. The pundits were suprisingly tame in comments and the video was not at all conclusive to warrant a ban.

If he gets banned for that then Fellaini should get a red nearly every game ...

If we put two halves together like that 1st half somebody is going to get hammered (no pun intended) .... I'm only worried about crosses & set pieces when we play the rags with the size of their team now, think we could do with Vinnie for that game. In terms of open play would back us to absolutely tear them to pieces!!!

Agree. If we have a vulnerability it's on crosses. Bravo not the biggest either.

If we put two halves together like that 1st half somebody is going to get hammered (no pun intended) .... I'm only worried about crosses & set pieces when we play the rags with the size of their team now, think we could do with Vinnie for that game. In terms of open play would back us to absolutely tear them to pieces!!!
Don't worry they won't cross halfway pal

Two bits of joy and a worry.
If DeBruyne had put that shot into the net after the passing move that started with Caballero they'd already be taking about goal of the season.
Nasri looks reborn.
Ibrahmovic will be a bugger to keep out in the derby if the big lad who headed WH's goal can score so easily, City need Kompany back to counter that kind of physical threat.

Two bits of joy and a worry.
If DeBruyne had put that shot into the net after the passing move that started with Caballero they'd already be taking about goal of the season.
Nasri looks reborn.
Ibrahmovic will be a bugger to keep out in the derby if the big lad who headed WH's goal can score so easily, City need Kompany back to counter that kind of physical threat.

Caballero made an absolute mess of it. He came for it and got absolutely nowhere near it. Wasn't entirely to blame but looked like he had rollerskates on when he came for it.

Just got in great all dayer first half was top notch shame we didn't put the game to bed in the first half. Never really looked in doubt though. Hopefully a few haters will eat some humble pie this season. Nice break now before the Derby. Come on City.

Some stunningly good football played in that 1st half. MotD didn't show it but someone got a nick on that DeBruyne shot as it was given as a corner (still should have scored though - maybe he's saving his opening salvo's for our next game). Clichy has always been susceptible to being climbed over at the back post and can see Kolarov being the better option against the Rags. Think the ref felt sorry for thei left back, was it 3 final warnings he got after the yellow card? Even so, I don't think we attacked him as often as we should have in that 2nd half. Ras had him on toast.

Some stunningly good football played in that 1st half. MotD didn't show it but someone got a nick on that DeBruyne shot as it was given as a corner (still should have scored though - maybe he's saving his opening salvo's for our next game). Clichy has always been susceptible to being climbed over at the back post and can see Kolarov being the better option against the Rags. Think the ref felt sorry for thei left back, was it 3 final warnings he got after the yellow card? Even so, I don't think we attacked him as often as we should have in that 2nd half. Ras had him on toast.

Clichy has games where he's just, well, shit defensively, & today was one. But it seemed to happen later, maybe not quite match hardened. Never thought pre season, I'd ever want to see Kolarov even v Morecambe in the FA Cup, but vs the rags long ball game the new Kolarov might be the man.

Imagine under different circumstances, a fully Pep programmed Leroy Sane coming on vs that left back bloke on his 4th yellow card.

That would have been interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.