Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep manager of Bayern but talking to City for several years.

Pep raves about DeBruyne's performances in Germany. Rated best player in the Bendesliga whilst Pep is there.

City sign Debruyne for 50 million quid 6 months before announcing Pep as manager.

Pep doesn't fancy DeBruyne & will bench him as soon as everyone is fit.

One of the above lines is absolute fucking bollocks.

Dunno where this critism of Kev is coming from, the lads class & has been very willing to put in the hard yards under the Pep regime. His vision & passing range is amazing, he sees things quicker than virtually every other player, can score a goal from open play or free kick, is there a player out there with a better delivery of a dead ball?
Spot on. And for to play in the middle imo

Pep manager of Bayern but talking to City for several years.
Pep raves about DeBruyne's performances in Germany. Rated best player in the Bendesliga whilst Pep is there.
You usually talk sense, mate. But this post is not of your best ones. You have to put every word into a context - Pep 'raved' KdB after him literally raping Dante and winning 3-0 with 2 goals. What was Pep meant to say that night? "Oh, I don't really rate that red f'cker, it's all about my shitty hairy Brazilian"? And several months earlier Pep had hailed Dante, so what? Pep always speaks highly about other sportsmen, be it players or coaches. The only one who once had managed to cause Pep's outburst was the Portuguese rat, but it's a whole different story.

City sign Debruyne for 50 million quid 6 months before announcing Pep as manager.
Replace 'KdB' with 'Bony' in this sentence and change the sum. See what's happened?

So, don't read too much into all those rumours and interviews. It's only what happens on the field matters (I'll quote my post from 'pep's tactics' thread, if you don't mind):

Something very unusual seems to arise. It's not (yet?) Barcelona, but something more vertical, risky and aggressive. Again, take note of the difference between the two No8s impact.

Dunno where this critism of Kev is coming from, the lads class & has been very willing to put in the hard yards under the Pep regime. His vision & passing range is amazing, he sees things quicker than virtually every other player, can score a goal from open play or free kick, is there a player out there with a better delivery of a dead ball?
No there isn't, but he needs to do more to retain his place in the team with Sane and Gundogan closing on full fitness. I think he will get better. He needs to

No there isn't, but he needs to do more to retain his place in the team with Sane and Gundogan closing on full fitness. I think he will get better. He needs to
In fairness to De Bruyne neither of them have even pulled on a shirt or trained enough to stake any sort of claim to his position in the squad but we all do know he can do much much better than he has in the very limited number of games we had so far this season

Both Sane & Gundogan havent been better players than KDB in the last few years. No reason to assume he will lose his spot to either of them.

You usually talk sense, mate. But this post is not of your best ones. You have to put every word into a context - Pep 'raved' KdB after him literally raping Dante and winning 3-0 with 2 goals. What was Pep meant to say that night? "Oh, I don't really rate that red f'cker, it's all about my shitty hairy Brazilian"? And several months earlier Pep had hailed Dante, so what? Pep always speaks highly about other sportsmen, be it players or coaches. The only one who once had managed to cause Pep's outburst was the Portuguese rat, but it's a whole different story.

Replace 'KdB' with 'Bony' in this sentence and change the sum. See what's happened?

So, don't read too much into all those rumours and interviews. It's only what happens on the field matters (I'll quote my post from 'pep's tactics' thread, if you don't mind):

No, you have missed the quote from Pep regarding DeBruyne as a player in the Bundesliga, in general, when he moved to City.

'Speaking ahead of Bayern’s trip to Wolfsburg in the German Cup, Guardiola, who won 14 major trophies in four years as Barcelona manager before moving to Bavaria, said: ‘How De Bruyne played over 18 months at Wolfsburg was madness'

And reports such as:
'Incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has already had input on at least one of the club’s transfers, according to Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.

The report claims director of football Txiki Begiristain sought out Guardiola’s opinion before pressing ahead with the £55m deal to sign the Belgium international last summer.' which matches up exactly with the reports people were getting over here.

Of course not every signing was made with a view to being a mainstay in Pep's team, Pellegrini has to be allowed some transfers, but it's pretty obvious Pep was in the loop & that the ones who we signed for 50 mil who haven't even reached their peak yet, were signed with a view to playing under him. No point in signing players like that for a manager who you know, is out the door, & fucking about with their careers in the process, when you could easily sign someone else instead, who both managers would be happy with.

It's obvious that is the case & was obvious when various people were saying the same about Sterling. Clearly Pep wanted both.

Now if DeBruyne starts chucking his toys out of the pram when asked to do different roles, that will be a totally different matter.

But watching him sprinting back at fullback to rescue City's defence when we were going through a bad spell, will not be seen as a weakness by Guardiola. Nor will his part in all 3 goals. It's also telling that DeBruyne was put straight into the team, when clearly behind on fitness, yet others, such as Nasri, had to do extra work. Now DeBruyne will lose his place to them in Pep's first 11 ? Not a cat in hell's chance.

Unless there is a personality clash, DeBruyne will be at City long after Silva etc have gone. Possibly long after Pep has gone.

He is one of the best players in the world & will be one of City's top performers this season, & already is. And Pep knows it, that's why he asked for him.

There is no law that says DeBruyne, Silva & Fernandinho have to play every game. Nor Sterling.

In fact it is impossible if we want to play at this kind of intensity. The players will have to be rotated, maybe even during 90 mins.

I loved his first season but there were quiet patches and the odd occasion where I thought he was a little bit selfish. This season (so far) he's played a little bit deeper and much more disciplined. Still got a couple of assists from deadly dead ball deliveries and we know there's much more to come. Silva and sterling look superb at the moment, but when they have a dip KDB (or sane or any of a few others) will come to the fore.
What we're constructing is a multifaceted team with many strings to our bow. It seriously wouldn't surprise me to see us play in a totally different way against united and totally catch them cold with KDB leading counter attacking charges against their slow passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.