Your favourite promotion season?

Haha
I'm brilliant at anything from 1980 to 2003, mainly because I had season tickets in different parts of Maine Road, and the stadium was forever changing.
I struggle at the ETIHAD.
Oddly though, to contradict myself, I vividly remember Tiatto's sending off against Norwich. Or at least, his reaction as he walked off. Didn't he send a bunch of water bottles into the middle of next week with a well aimed kick (a bit like he did with opposing wingers)?

Oddly though, to contradict myself, I vividly remember Tiatto's sending off against Norwich. Or at least, his reaction as he walked off. Didn't he send a bunch of water bottles into the middle of next week with a well aimed kick (a bit like he did with opposing wingers)?

Yes he did, and I'm sure one of the Norwich subs or coaches said something to him, and he had to be dragged off down the tunnel

Didn't Pearce then make their left backs life hell for the rest of the game?

A tough one for me:

The football we played under Keegan in 2001/2 was swashbuckling and, at times, sublime. Ali B in particular.

The 1988/9 season, with a squad full of homegrown youngsters, was a period of palpable optimism at the club - and Bradford on the last day was an incredibly tense, but amazing end to the season.

The 1998/9 season was dour and turgid in the main, but provided the ultimate and utterly memorable denouement. Ditto 1984/5.

But for me, the 1999/2000 season was the most enjoyable, possibly because it was so unexpected. I'd have easily settled for mid-table at the outset. The finale at Ewood Park remains my favourite game to be at after the 6-1 and QPR. It felt amazing to be back at the top, something that seemed impossibly far away some eighteen months earlier.

Which promotion season do you have the fondest memories of?

The final games of the season against Charlton, Bradford, Blackburn and Gillingham were all events that will live long in the memory. The utterly incredible atmosphere at Blackburn was particularly special and I have never enjoyed sitting with the home supporters at an away game so much. However, for a whole season, Keegan wins because the football was so good, so often.

1984-85.... :)

5xncsg.jpg

Promotion under KK. You knew that it was almost guaranteed that in every match we'd rip the opponents to bits and score 4 or 5 goals

We were streets ahead of any other team and the first half on Sunday reminded me of some of the sublime stuff that got played that season. We had youth, experience, quality and all melded into a superb team, compared to those of our rivals. We won our two PL titles because we didn't cock-up at the end unlike those who shall remain nameless(!), but that season with Keegan we were matchless.

Another one for Keegan here.
We battered teams for fun that season with the killer bees. Even Newcastle in the FA Cup couldn't cope with us even after we had Dunne sent off, but we somehow lost 1-0!

1965/66.

I was a very young child at the time and went to a few of the matches and remember seeing the 2md division trophy which I thought was great. I'm not sure if I knew that City were not in the top flight.

All the other promotions since were merely the end of my disgust and disappointment at the relegation which necessitated them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.