Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think anyone has made any predictions on a debut? that would be ludicrous given the hurdles - however,i like the term 'landmark moment' and i reckon that sums up my excitement.

Great that some of the kids are invited but it doesn't necessarily mean anything more than Pep having a look at a few, whilst he can, & on recent pre season form Paolo must surely as close as Brahim at this point in the season .

I'm actually made up for Aaaron Nemane being chosen in that little group. I've mentioned somewhwere on here that imo he never gets any credit for putting in a 7/10 performance every time he's on the pitch. Rarely have I ever seen a game where he doesn't score or create a goal or skin his fullback a few times, tackle etc etc. One backheel from a Manu Garcia & he's forgotten.

Great that someone has noticed & invited him over amongst all the 'wonderkids'. Thouroughly well deserved.

Anyone think it's interesting that they're all right wingers?

I know Brahim is probably best in the middle, but he's certainly played a lot on the right, and Fernandes' good form has come on the right this season.

Just strikes me as an interesting selection.

I know Brahim is probably best in the middle, but he's certainly played a lot on the right, and Fernandes' good form has come on the right this season.

True but Fernandes is a left footer so would probably play on the left under Pep and Brahim for sure is more dangerous playing through the middle.

True but Fernandes is a left footer so would probably play on the left under Pep and Brahim for sure is more dangerous playing through the middle.

Like I said Brahim is better in the middle but he's played his fair share on the right, and it's quite likely that's where he comes into the team, as it's pretty common to start young players out wide before bringing them into the middle as they get used to the level.

I'm also curious as to why you think Pep would play Fernandes on the left because he's left footed? He never played Robben on the left, he played Douglas Costa on the right all the time and Ribery was always on the left- Not to mention right footed Nolito playing on the left for us. He's obviously not against inverted wingers.

I'll try hunting it down but I'm sure I've read that it's more productive to 'learn' out wide than in the middle. You get more involved with the team, the build up and passing before moving into the middle. Once you've moved into the striking role you're aware of how the wingers are going to act and react in situations and they're more than anyone the people supplying you with goals.

I'll try hunting it down but I'm sure I've read that it's more productive to 'learn' out wide than in the middle. You get more involved with the team, the build up and passing before moving into the middle. Once you've moved into the striking role you're aware of how the wingers are going to act and react in situations and they're more than anyone the people supplying you with goals.

I think it's also just a matter of being easier. There's more space out wide, you get more time. You usually come up against only a couple of players, whereas in the middle defenders come at you from all angles. There's less importance on keeping the shape of the team and you're up against fullbacks who are usually pretty small compared to big central midfielders or centre-backs, so the physical difference is smaller.

There's a ton of reasons to ease youngsters into the first team out wide.

Great that some of the kids are invited but it doesn't necessarily mean anything more than Pep having a look at a few, whilst he can, & on recent pre season form Paolo must surely as close as Brahim at this point in the season .

I'm actually made up for Aaaron Nemane being chosen in that little group. I've mentioned somewhwere on here that imo he never gets any credit for putting in a 7/10 performance every time he's on the pitch. Rarely have I ever seen a game where he doesn't score or create a goal or skin his fullback a few times, tackle etc etc. One backheel from a Manu Garcia & he's forgotten.

Great that someone has noticed & invited him over amongst all the 'wonderkids'. Thouroughly well deserved.

I've seen Nemane absolutely loads of times and he is a solid player. However, I think he's a bit limited and will never become a first team starter with us.

If he improves his dribbling (he's a bit one-dimensional relying on sheer pace), vision and overall mental side of his game then he may make a decent squad player.

But looking at who we've got ahead of him and those below I'll think he'll struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.