Etihad atmosphere

Not read all this thread but on talkshite last week West Ham fans were calling in, and incidentally, the moose backed this up, saying that since the move to the Olympic stadium the atmosphere had been lost. Obviously the fans had been split, probably similar to our move from Maine Road, and they reckon it'll be a while before they get the balance right!
Good luck there boys!
Great username!

Talking of 'Good Home atmosheres' - would you agree that Leicester and Palace have the best atmospheres.
I am only going on press reports - I have not visited King Power or Selhurst Park.

The Theatre of Dreams is well named - quiet as the grave. Lol.....

Talking of 'Good Home atmosheres' - would you agree that Leicester and Palace have the best atmospheres.
I am only going on press reports - I have not visited King Power or Selhurst Park.

The Theatre of Dreams is well named - quiet as the grave. Lol.....
When I've visited Palace they really get the ground rocking. Comfortably the best in the league - however they use a drum which most City fans would whinge about, although in reality there's no way to match them without one.

Leicester's atmopshere isn't great. It was better than normal last season because they did so well. When I visited in the League cup game in 2014 we comfortably outsung them for the entire 90 mins.

When I've visited Palace they really get the ground rocking. Comfortably the best in the league - however they use a drum which most City fans would whinge about, although in reality there's no way to match them without one.

Leicester's atmopshere isn't great. It was better than normal last season because they did so well. When I visited in the League cup game in 2014 we comfortably outsung them for the entire 90 mins.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Leicester was always poor after they left Filbert Street (save for last season) - common theme for teams that move from an old, ropey stadium to a new one.

Selhurst Park is comfortably the best in the league. Used to love Upton Park and Loftus Road, but sadly they're not around for different reasons. I also liked Craven Cottage - not boisterous, but just a nice place to watch football. Goodison Park has good noise but it's a horrible place to watch as an away fan, due to the pillars (and the home fans).

Basically all the small, old grounds in London have always been the best in my experience, especially under floodlights.

Let me also dispel a myth - Anfield is not a good atmosphere. I've been there many times as a City fan and also as a neutral and it's no better than most grounds in the PL (I didn't go to our 2014 defeat, when it seemed to be rocking, to be fair). Having said that, I'm told that European nights used to be superb there, which is probably how it acquired its undeserved reputation as the home of England's answer to Fenerbache.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Leicester was always poor after they left Filbert Street (save for last season) - common theme for teams that move from an old, ropey stadium to a new one.

Selhurst Park is comfortably the best in the league. Used to love Upton Park and Loftus Road, but sadly they're not around for different reasons. I also liked Craven Cottage - not boisterous, but just a nice place to watch football. Goodison Park has good noise but it's a horrible place to watch as an away fan, due to the pillars (and the home fans).

Basically all the small, old grounds in London have always been the best in my experience, especially under floodlights.

Let me also dispel a myth - Anfield is not a good atmosphere. I've been there many times as a City fan and also as a neutral and it's no better than most grounds in the PL (I didn't go to our 2014 defeat, when it seemed to be rocking, to be fair). Having said that, I'm told that European nights used to be superb there, which is probably how it acquired its undeserved reputation as the home of England's answer to Fenerbache.

I've always thought the old London grounds were good as well. I've seen a good atmosphere at Spurs and even Chelsea on occasions (although no where near enough to warrant them being called an atmospheric ground).

I do think Goodison can be good. That and Turf Moor are the only two grounds in the premiership with that real old school feel about them. But it's not an atmosphere about constant singing, it's the oohs and the applause that reverberate around the ground which we don't see to much of at the Etihad. I don't necessarily think the new grounds are the biggest problem though, look in Germany for example, for me it's more down to culture. Palace have bought into this euro style culture and it's worked wonders. We're too snobby for that so we get stuck with a reasonably stale crowd for most games.

You're bang on about Anfield. It's suffered the same fate as a lot of big clubs. Now there are more tourists taking pictures than scousers!

Firstly, he never said the atmosphere was great, his exact words were 'pretty good on Sunday'. Secondly, you're posts on here come across as though you're having a go at other City fans or you're complaining that the atmosphere isn't as good as your hazy recollection of the kippax, so my question is 'what are you doing about it'? Are you trying to improve it yourself? Or are you just going to judge the fans in the South Stand who bother to try and get it going, whilst you sit there, upon your high horse, scoffing your prawn sandwich on your comfy padded seat?

How can you the say the Kippax was worth an extra man ? Even when it was standing we're got relegated twice in the eighties and went down to League two when it was made all seating ! Every ground had better atmospheres back in the standing days but since the South Stand was extended its miles better, perhaps we should be given paper clackers like Leicester so the press and TV can rave about it, wasn't that great.three seasons ago in the League Cup or two years ago in the League Game that we won. Exciting football and great performances create the atmoaphere .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.