Aguero banned for three games (updated)

I'm of the opinion that the ref did see it at the time. But decided to play on as Reid was feigning injury to get a free kick, so giving them possession. Obviously changing his tune so he doesn't look like he's made the wrong call. Today's society, easier to look the other way and deny all knowledge.

I'm of the opinion that the ref did see it at the time. But decided to play on as Reid was feigning injury to get a free kick, so giving them possession. Obviously changing his tune so he doesn't look like he's made the wrong call. Today's society, easier to look the other way and deny all knowledge.

Yeah, that's quite plausible. I don't think Marriner has an agenda against our club - more a case that he doesn't want to drop himself in it by saying he saw it and decided no action at the time but the subsequent scutiny in the media means he is now claiming he didn't see it.

Whether that's the case or not I've no idea but it's just a gut feeling. Plenty of times refs have used the "didn't see it" line and I suspect they aren't always telling the truth.

No contact was made. However, contact is not necessary for a finding of violent conduct.

We might be appealing on the basis of no intent or that the referee had a clear view of this on the field and that it's therefore outside the scope of retrospective review.

No contact was made. However, contact is not necessary for a finding of violent conduct.

We might be appealing on the basis of no intent or that the referee had a clear view of this on the field.

From that angle it looks like he's shrugging off his arm which was in Aguero's face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.