FIFA 17

For that journey mode is it just the Be a Legend mode from PES but with a few more pointless animations and FIFA's god awful AI as teammates? Because FIFA has been fucking shocking as a single player game ever since they realised how much money they could take off kids with Ultimate Team. FIFA16 was bordering on unplayable as a single player game

For that journey mode is it just the Be a Legend mode from PES but with a few more pointless animations and FIFA's god awful AI as teammates? Because FIFA has been fucking shocking as a single player game ever since they realised how much money they could take off kids with Ultimate Team. FIFA16 was bordering on unplayable as a single player game

AI seems better from the demo, although admittedly I was trying to score as many own goals as possible...

To be fair I'm going back a few years now. I loved PES (international superstar soccer pro evolution) when FIFA was raved about but then PES seemed to stand still and if anything gradually get worse. Reading the Fifa reviews it seems Fifa has become complacent too.

Personally I think Fifa has become too 1 dimensional regarding how to score. This has been going on since about 2013. It's literally impossible to score from crosses now, it's all about through balls/chipped through balls and their games seem to have an obsession with adding things that don't need to be added. Trainer mode, jumping up from slide tackles etc... They should just fix the stuff that need fixing.

One big thing that needs fixing is having the button X on Playstation and A on Xbox as the replay skip button. This causes mistakes that shouldn't have been made. Just change it to Start/Options /Menu like on Pes. Another is the game reloading when you have free kicks/throw ins. Can't take it quickly it just reloads....then all of the defenders are back in position and your counter attack is wasted. The UI continues to be stupid. The ball is going out, however your player runs after it and hits it out for a throw in goal kick and you have no control over this player. Even though year after year Ea claim the AI is smarter than ever.

The training modes on Fifa have always been excellent and do appear to be better on 17. Much better than Pes' offerings.

The change to the Frostbite engine does make Fifa 17 game look better and feel much smoother in terms of movement mechanics.

Pes has had a lot more features tactically, as well as having better button mapping since around 2013 until now. Pes' biggest downfall is the online playability. Just horrible servers.

AI seems better from the demo, although admittedly I was trying to score as many own goals as possible...
The problem is usually that the AI is so painfully 1 dimensional, so every team you play against is exactly the same. FIFA16 probably played perfect sense if you were against Barca, but it was exactly the same playing Accrington. So they'd be playing total football, passing it out from the back and knocking it around for fun with a bunch of 50 rated players and you'd have to do the same if you wanted to do well against them as the AI never makes the types of mental mistakes humans make. It just led to a very dull game with very little replay value against the computer (which to me is still the way I want to play football games).

Throw in the fact that they put so little effort into the offline modes and it's pretty much an online only game, which means coming up against a legion of 12 year olds who found the cheapest and easiest way to play and just spam that, whatever it happens to be each year (usually lob through balls to fast strikers). Against mates it's fun, but other than that I struggle to tolerate FIFA for more than a week.

I played the demo last night.

Don't think the graphics have massivley improved, but i thought the controls felt a bit looser. Previous version you knew if you lined up to the goal at a certain angle and hit it, you'd score, this feels like you have to be a bit more precise.

The AI for attackers arcing their runs is good too and allows through balls to actually be more effective.

Shame you can't change the name on "The Journey" feature, but I suppose it has all had to be scripted so one name makes life easier. Surprised you can't change appearance, i.e. Hair / Skin Tone etc. although that could be what they re-hash for Fifa 18 by leaving stuff in reserve now.

Guardiola on the touch line looks good though!

I've been trying to get EA to clarify on the customization for "The Journey" but they won't respond. I'm hoping it's like NBA 2K16 -- name stays the same for script reasons, but you can customize appearance. Does anyone else have an update on this?

The problem is usually that the AI is so painfully 1 dimensional, so every team you play against is exactly the same. FIFA16 probably played perfect sense if you were against Barca, but it was exactly the same playing Accrington. So they'd be playing total football, passing it out from the back and knocking it around for fun with a bunch of 50 rated players and you'd have to do the same if you wanted to do well against them as the AI never makes the types of mental mistakes humans make. It just led to a very dull game with very little replay value against the computer (which to me is still the way I want to play football games).

Throw in the fact that they put so little effort into the offline modes and it's pretty much an online only game, which means coming up against a legion of 12 year olds who found the cheapest and easiest way to play and just spam that, whatever it happens to be each year (usually lob through balls to fast strikers). Against mates it's fun, but other than that I struggle to tolerate FIFA for more than a week.

Fifa is still stuck in the 90's really with formations and gameplay.

For a start from goal kicks teams still have a back 4 lined up across the back. Teams have their full backs push up and their centre backs split to receive the ball. Pes has had this for years Fifa still hasn't come to grips with this.

agree with all comments in here

i downloaded the ps4 demo during the first half last night and played a match with a chelsea supporter friend at HT.

first thing we notice, that main menu of the demo has at least 3 rag badges on screen and maybe 4 of their shite kits and 3 pic of martial. i thought WE were partners with EA sports?!
next, the new career mode is ripped directly from NBA2k series and is not any better than old be a pro. being that hunter kid of course we also tried multiple own goals.
rags 90 attack? laughable.
so we start up city vs chelsea, within 1min tyler is talking about both clubs splashing cash.... we shook our heads and laughed.

gameplay feels slower but the animations are smoother with the new engine.
wont be upgrading from fifa 16 and will definitely be renting PES

FUT i dont care about and of course the actual gameplay has suffered since introduced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.