European away games ticketing policy

They were just the most recent examples from this season. At least 10 games (possibly more) made sale to any season card holder or open sale or didn't sell out at all last season. Young kids or anyone for that matter could then have gone to all these games and would have begun to catch up those not going who had higher points.
That's my point, do the games and eventually with natural wastage they will catch up. Why should they get to go to the big games straight away? It takes time but can be done.

So what is it 20 points for an away game? That is 200 points extra a season. If a kid of say 17/18 is on around 5/6 k loyalty points he should have caught up in 20/30 years

How about not awarding points for the so called big games in the league and champions league? also this points whore stuff is a load of rubbish. I know people who got tickets for celtic through a supporters club and they don't even have a season ticket and will be lucky if they went to 3 games in a whole season.

So somebody who was 5 in 2003 (when the system was introduced) and now is 18, with his first paid job and is now allowed to travel to away games should not have any chance of going to away games so the dads army can use there discounted railcard?

Its stopping a whole generation of blues watching City away. Small percentage in a ballot and weighted loyalty points based on recent attendance is the fairest way.
It's strange cos I'm 55,went to bucharest and Swansea in the cup,there were enough empty seats to satisfy any low pointers,same as Sunderland in cup last year,and league the year before,you could of gone to any of the champions league games in Italy,napoli,Roma,juve,loads of empty seats there,kiev last season,or is this whole generation just wanting to pick and choose the more glamourous games ?we all started at the botto and worked our way up,when you queued up round maine road for away tickets,if you were behind the guy that got the last ticket,it was tough,but you just kept trying,if your that desperate to go,it won't matter where or when city are playing you'll make the effort to get there if there are tickets available at your points criteria,you'll be ok for barca,it won't sell out,so I will probably see this whole new generation at barca !!

How about not awarding points for the so called big games in the league and champions league? also this points whore stuff is a load of rubbish. I know people who got tickets for celtic through a supporters club and they don't even have a season ticket and will be lucky if they went to 3 games in a whole season.

That's a different issue, supporters clubs get a small allocation and ticket points don't matter as they can distribute among their members

The "points whoring" is a genuine issue..the points criteria has come down a lot since the away pick up was introduced. Last season was a joke the amount of tickets being sold on. eg via the Facebook site - people openly posting/advertising that they could buy tickets for people. This wasn't one or two people either

Not sure how that was possible with the collection process ???

It's strange cos I'm 55,went to bucharest and Swansea in the cup,there were enough empty seats to satisfy any low pointers,same as Sunderland in cup last year,and league the year before,you could of gone to any of the champions league games in Italy,napoli,Roma,juve,loads of empty seats there,kiev last season,or is this whole generation just wanting to pick and choose the more glamourous games ?we all started at the botto and worked our way up,when you queued up round maine road for away tickets,if you were behind the guy that got the last ticket,it was tough,but you just kept trying,if your that desperate to go,it won't matter where or when city are playing you'll make the effort to get there if there are tickets available at your points criteria,you'll be ok for barca,it won't sell out,so I will probably see this whole new generation at barca !!

Sorry mate you sound completely detached from reality. The majority of games you mentioned are glamourous games but the issue there is the cost, taking time off work etc, it supercedes loyalty and that is why even those on the highest points who snap up the Utd, Pool tickets did not fill those seats either.

For a kid he has little chance of catching up with those on 18/20k. Even with all the games you have mentioned he would still not be able to catch up if the high pointers keep cherry picking the United, Stoke, Pool games etc.

It just seems wrong that a whole geberation of fans will have little chance of watching a Manchester derby at Old trafford etc. A weighted loyalty points to recent attendance and a small percentage given to ballot would at least give them an outside chance.

That's a different issue, supporters clubs get a small allocation and ticket points don't matter as they can distribute among their members

The "points whoring" is a genuine issue..the points criteria has come down a lot since the away pick up was introduced. Last season was a joke the amount of tickets being sold on. eg via the Facebook site - people openly posting/advertising that they could buy tickets for people. This wasn't one or two people either
I was wondering when the supporters club was going to cop for it,they do take a small allocation and have to give supporter numbers and name in for Euro away's their allocation hasn't stopped the points req'd dropping way lower since the collection schemes been brought in.

I think the solution for European away games is fairly simple, ticket holders have to provide some sort of proof of travel in their name, post match on request, (travel or a hotel booking etc) on a random spot check basis - or you lose the right to access or buy tickets for the next games that season. Anyone who is going legitimately shouldn't have a problem with this, I wouldn't, and it worked for the old original England Travel Club when I was a member. Goes for corporate tickets also. If they checked say 100 per game it would quickly put people off buying to sell on, and wouldn't take more than a couple of hours admin.

Bit on top maybe, but no more so than having to go to a hotel in the middle of nowhere. Domestic away games are more of a problem.

It really depends what the club is keen to get out of any change in system - obviously they don't care about the corporate tickets, as it makes good business sense to keep sponsors happy, and the supporters club would go mad if they abolished supporter allocations.

if that's the case with facebook, then they will be able to locate that person and ban them from future purchases surly? especially if they are doing it all the time. a one off ain't too bad.

for euro aways, why not have city's staff on the turnstile and ask for passport and supporter number to confirm name of person, write it down then check on computor if that person was allocated a ticket for that game, minimal inconvenience and little queuing, just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.