WH Smith record shop advert 1971

Cheers, I meant to say Robinsons. We used to spend hours in the one in Stevensons square.
There was girl and a guy that used to let us hang around and then there was an older lady would come in, I think she was the owner.
They were all great to us 13 - 14 year old kids.
We also used to hang around the original Virgin store (Lever st.)?
Was Rare records the one with the listening booths?

https://en-gb.facebook.com/RareRecords36JohnDaltonStreetManchester/

Thats it, obvious now you've said it. Was going to keep me awake that, completely forgot it became powercuts..

I dated the owner's daughter a few times .... Even for a Yank, she was a nutjob.

Yanks_zpsnnbdqn05.jpg

I dated the owner's daughter a few times .... Even for a Yank, she was a nutjob.

Yanks_zpsnnbdqn05.jpg
Used to call Saturday mornings, then walk down to Maine Road, with our new records, not sure how they survived the Kippax some of those Saturdays. Was thinking, is your username Cheap Trick related ?

I spent a year working at HMV in Oldham on a YOP government scheme in the early 80s,

It was one of the 200 record shops that had a Gallop machine (for the younger members, it was the way the charts were compiled) and every day I'd go home with a carrier bag of records, tapes, t-shirts & other goodies the A&R men used to bribe me with to try get there records up the charts.
I even got a luxury hamper of a Polydor rep at Christmas,

that was a good year, and didn't mind earning a miserly £25 a week.

One of the very few bands I'm a fan of that in all my years never managed to see live, still hoping to get a chance. Really like the new album , best for a while in my opinion.

Been lucky to see them a good few times ... here, the US and Japan ... always top live. And yeah, latest album is their best for many years ... They constantly tour in the States.
Hearing strong rumours they are due back here next Spring ...

Muse and Vibes in Bury fuckin' hell... great memories.

Picked up a lot of under the radar stuff especially singles for 20p in the bargain part. Really opened my eyes (and ears) to different types of music when I was 15.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.