Using Mobiles Whilst Driving #%×*heads...

Bizarre really, you don't think about it - this is much the same as me changing tracks on the mp3 player built into my car, but that's not a crime (AFAIK?)

Thats the thing isn't it? What you describe is I suppose driving without due care. BMW stick the idrive mouse between the seats so drivers may look down and away from the road and you see muppets driving like a contortionist coz they set off THEN reach round and try and put a seatbelt on !! So many of us do it to some degree if we are honest. We have to understand how devastating the consequences can be. Of course like so many things its the other guy who will crash and not us.

I think the law is very confused about this, since it's perfectly legal to mess with your phone so long as you don't hold it in your hand. And yet we can all see that holding it or not holding it makes bugger all difference to how dangerous it is.

And the point about sat navs and stuff is equally valid - it's just as distracting to work your BMW i-drive to check the tyre pressures whilst you are driving. All of these things are terribly dangerous and we all walk a thin line between coming home safe, or killing people, every time to do this.

I Feckin hate these tw*ts who use their mobiles while driving, drives me mad. I never, ever do it.
Why can't the police set up mobile cameras like they do for speeding...they would get shed loads. Minimum 6 month ban.
On a side note, say your involved in an non-injury accident and you've seen the other driver using their phone, do you call the police to help with your insurance claim??

Only one I spotted on phone this morning course it was right outside Ashton police station.

All the bobbies would be out - I say all the bobbies - probably one sergeant, two pc's, 2 specials and 10 pcso's - which makes the point admirably. You could make using your mobile whilst driving a capital offence but there will be no effect as long as traffic policing relies mostly on camera's to catch speeding motorists - far too few traffic cops to enforce the laws.

There are some good vid's on You Tube - rearward facing cameras showing arseholes texting and rear ending cars. The amazing thing is some get out and rant and rave at the driver who's car they just hit blaming him/her for stopping too quickly and causing an accident !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.