City v Chelsea post match

Yeah this fucking shit run we have against the top teams really has to stop. I cant wait to see the Arsenal, Liverpool games this month, no question they will raise their game against us, but will Pep react to that we get a draw and a loss vs them?

Chelsea just beat United 4-0, Spurs 2-1 and us 3-1 in recent weeks and they lost to Pool, Arsenal at start of the season. So they already played the probable all top6 opponents once and already have a 4 points lead on us while we yet to play with Arse and Pool.

Conte is doing some fantastic work there and to think he took over a much worse team that couldnt even finish top6 last season, also this change to 343 on top of that he made them hungry and motivated and winning 8 games in a row hardly conceding anything in those games.

Surely not having any distraction like CL or EL is an advantage but not this big.

Still not beaten a top 6 side in 2 years says it all, simply not good enough, we won't win anything this year I expect pep to have a plan to move us to the next level next season. It's clear we need speed at the back apart from Stones to be the only survivor including the keeper. I think if we can sort the back out the rest is ok just a few additions to the squad.

The tactic to play against us is fairly simple. Draw us up the pitch and then hit the ball over the top and let our clowns at the back do the rest. I expect Vardy will be rubbing his hands at this prospect.

Another one is turn the ball quickly. Chelsea did this a number of times yesterday to great effect. We just don't defend well as a team. Kolorov is slow of legs and thought and Ottamendi is just a headless chicken who can't seem to contain himself when you add the useless Clichy into the mix it just gets worse. It incredible that we have 7 defenders and arguably only 2 are fit for purpose and one of this is a rookie.

The tactic to play against us is fairly simple. Draw us up the pitch and then hit the ball over the top and let our clowns at the back do the rest. I expect Vardy will be rubbing his hands at this prospect.

Another one is turn the ball quickly. Chelsea did this a number of times yesterday to great effect. We just don't defend well as a team. Kolorov is slow of legs and thought and Ottamendi is just a headless chicken who can't seem to contain himself when you add the useless Clichy into the mix it just gets worse. It incredible that we have 7 defenders and arguably only 2 are fit for purpose and one of this is a rookie.

And that's the worrying thing is that it's simple to score against us- as has been proved by the likes of footballing leviathans like , Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, and Celtic.Arsenal, Liverpool and Leicester (Yes Leicester) will be licking their lips at the thought of there pacey attackers running at Kolorov, Otimendi and Zabaleta.

As long as we score three goals a game we should manage to sneak the odd win.

Generally played well.
Profligate in front of goal.
Weak at the back.
Royally stitched-up by Taylor.

Says it all.

What's the point of passing it around amongst ourselves for 90 minutes if all that does is allows the opposition to defend in an organised way, and then hit us with a sucker punch when we are over extended. We've seen it a dozen times this season already and yet nothing changes.
It is worrying how well teams in the prem have sussed out how to combat possession football. A few years ago I think we'd be tearing it up playing like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.