Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry he made four mistakes for the Costa goal. He also was at fault for the second..... seems headless, I thought he had improved on last season but I was wrong. He needs to up levels and maintain them or it`s the door.

Just to play devils advocate...is he shit or is he just struggling in Peps system? Especially a back 3?

There are times he looks a world beater and then he does something really stupid. For some reason he keeps thinking diving in is the way to go. Yesterday I thought he was doing OK then he goes and fucks up for the first and does his usual diving in for the second. He does things like that too often to be a regular in a team that wants to do what we want to do.

I've been calling since October last season. All I kept getting in reply was "best defender in la liga last year", "he makes great last ditch tackles" and "he's better than Mangala". He isn't/wasn't any of those.
I've heard all the excuses too mate but they just don't wash with me.

He's not shit but he's nowhere near good enough for us.
We should go for Sakho from Liverpool, he looks great and Klopp just doesn't like him. I think Pep could turn him into a beast of a defender.

Just to play devils advocate...is he shit or is he just struggling in Peps system? Especially a back 3?

Three at the back doesn't make you sprint needlessly up the pitch 40 yards, it doesn't make you drop to the floor when you feel any contact, it doesn't cause you to lose your runner and it doesn't force you to start marking an already marked player at the expense of leaving acres of space behind you.

That being said, three at the back isn't going to work consistently as long as someone like Otamendi is NOT the worst defender in that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.