Greg Lake RIP....

As Greg Lake checks out at 69, I read Keith Richards has just pupped another at 73.

Rock and Roll eh?

RIP GL, tho am not really an EL&P fan, its a damn good Christmas tune he made, that will have kept him well sorted with royalties over the subsequent years

Take a bow for another one of the greats. RIP. Only Palmer left of the geniuses :-(

RIP Greg Lake. Met him after a gig 11 years ago at a very empty Newcastle City Hall. Had a drink with him and he talked very candidly about his life. A nice humble man. Very generous and kind. His music is what got me started on this life's obsession. His music was the last I heard in before going deaf in one ear and was the music played at the funeral of the baby I lost. A sad year for losses but this to me is my saddest. His music has been there in key moments in my life and every Christmas... I am not sure I believe in Father Christmas anymore...

Sad to hear, loved his voice & within ELP responsible for some of my all time favourite music.

Sad to hear .... but our heroes are all getting to that age, and next year will probably be no different.

R.I.P. Greg

One of ELP's loveliest songs ....

I don't normally do RIP threads but this one is a bit different.

The above song made me pick up the guitar again after 30 odd years. Great playing, lots of technique, but what great lyrics. Really mystical if you dwell on them

I was a Prog Rock 1970's / 1980's kid and saw all my favourite bands live. Genesis, Yes, Camel, Pink Floyd but never ELP. However, I saw Greg Lake with Gary Moore in Sheffield in the 80's. Not quite the same.

Greg Lake is my favourite male voice of all time (Karen Carpenter for female). Simple as...they both have unique timbres.

GL is regarded by most as a vocalist and a bass player. In actual fact he was a seriously accomplished guitarist also. See below. Nice to see Steve Hackett acknowledge this...he should know.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=greg+lake+the+sage&t=lm&ia=videos&iai=l-NAMddQO1k

And finally...one of the greatest prog rock tunes of all time...might take 3 or 4 listens as they all do...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.