Greg Lake RIP....

RIP Greg Lake. King Crimson were such an influential band and his work with them is often overlooked. His vocals on ITCOTCK were fabulous. ELP made some fantastic music, particularly Tarkus, Pictures at an Exhibition and Trilogy. Rock musicians with the technical capability of Lake and Keith Emerson just don't exist anymore. Those of us who witnessed them in their pomp are blessed.

RIP Greg Lake. Met him after a gig 11 years ago at a very empty Newcastle City Hall. Had a drink with him and he talked very candidly about his life. A nice humble man. Very generous and kind. His music is what got me started on this life's obsession. His music was the last I heard in before going deaf in one ear and was the music played at the funeral of the baby I lost. A sad year for losses but this to me is my saddest. His music has been there in key moments in my life and every Christmas... I am not sure I believe in Father Christmas anymore...
Poingnant post mate

Sending man hug :)

As Greg Lake checks out at 69, I read Keith Richards has just pupped another at 73.

Rock and Roll eh?

RIP GL, tho am not really an EL&P fan, its a damn good Christmas tune he made, that will have kept him well sorted with royalties over the subsequent years
Apologies from captain pedantic but isn't it Mr Jagger who has popped one out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.