Incredible co-incidences

Keep being reminded of these and here's another I'd forgotten. In my very first job, at a firm of accountants, I was looking after a client in London so travelled down every month. One of the lads I'd started and trained with had qualified and left and was working in London prior to going overseas. I rang him and arranged to meet when I was down and he mentioned that another pal of his was flying in from Oman. I knew Hameed so was looking forward to a good night out. As my boss was a director of British Midland, I flew down rather than go on the train but had to queue at the Underground station at Heathrow to get a ticket. There were a few windows open and a few queues and when I got to the front of the queue I heard my name and there, in the next queue, was Hameed.

In 1989 I was involved in a car crash, i came round a bend in Urmston town centre and some bloke on the other side did a u turn and rammed straight into me.....

A year later this bloke starts to work where I worked and a few weeks later a few of us get chatting about car crashes and I relay the story in Urmston, saying ''and some prick did a u turn right in front of me....'' and the new bloke asks.... ''did you have a Metro?''
Turns out it was him who hit me!
He did you a favour if he wrote off your Metro.

If we're adding to our lists, then I would also offer you me coming out of one of the Cern buildings in Geneva back in 1982 by a bloke on a scooter. I walked out off the pavement and hadn't seen him and he caught me and sent me flying and he came off and skidded down the road. He was OK and got up before me and came running over to check I was OK. He looked down at me and I looked up and immediately we realised we were mates from university back in London.

Twenty seven years ago we lost our first son,who was only seven days old.He had congenital heart disease with bits missing and other parts not fully formed.He was due to go to Liverpool that final day but he didn`t make it and passed away in the wifes arms.
As you can expect the grief was unbearable.
On the day of Matthews funeral it was a bitterly cold and wet October morning.He was buried at the church and amongst the floral tributes the wife had written on his two sisters card the following words "Teddy Bear hugs from Jade and Butterfly kisses from Jodie" The two girls did not attend the funeral but we took them to the church later that afternoon so they could see the flowers on Matthews grave.
I had a lump in my throat and the wife had a big smile on that visit as there amongst the flowers was a brown butterfly !! It stayed there for about 5 minutes and then took off into the distance.
In no way shape or form am I either a Christian nor a believer in angelic signs, but that was one time I wondered if it was just a coincidence or something more, that would see a butterfly in those October conditions.
Who knows, but we`ve both often commented on that day and the proceedings.

If we're adding to our lists, then I would also offer you me coming out of one of the Cern buildings in Geneva back in 1982 by a bloke on a scooter. I walked out off the pavement and hadn't seen him and he caught me and sent me flying and he came off and skidded down the road. He was OK and got up before me and came running over to check I was OK. He looked down at me and I looked up and immediately we realised we were mates from university back in London.
He knew who you were before he hit you, he came back to make sure the job was done

In my late teens maybe early twenties i went on a lads holiday to Faliraki.
Me & my mate ended up with 2 Irish girls (sisters). They became a bit smitten with us so we ended up spending most of the last week with them till they went home.
We both had girlfriends back home, so when their day of departure came we off-loaded them with false phone numbers & addresses (no mobiles or email in them days) when they asked to keep in touch/come over and visit.

About 2-3 months later said mate goes off to Liverpool for a weekend with his girlfriend for a wedding for someone in her family.
We're all in the pub on that Saturday night when he un-expectantly appears looking a bit of a mess still dressed in his suit.
Turns out he had ended up scrapping at the wedding, so had had to get a taxi home from Liverpool.

Reason why he'd been scrapping?
Turns out the 2 Irish sisters me & him had been shagging in Faliraki were his girlfriend's cousins, and they'd flown over from Ireland for the wedding. When they saw him there they caused a bit of a scene, and with the truth coming out, this led to him scrapping with his girlfriend's brother & some other family member.

Needless to say he split with his girlfriend but i also got dumped a couple of days later when my girlfriend got wind of it.

When I was a young lad, on holiday in Yugoslavia, I made friends with a brother and sister, spending quite a bit of time with them in and out of the pool, as the holiday came to an end we said our goodbyes and that was that, no mobile phones or email back then. 4 years later at wet n wild in Florida whilst waiting to go on a water slide I was stood behind the same brother and sister. All of us stood open mouthed not believing it had happened, what are the odds on 2 families booking the same holiday independently of each other 4 years apart and then deciding to go to a huge water park on the same day and to be on the same ride.

Its sometimes a very small world we live in.
Me and the ex got engaged on a holiday in Cuba and got really pally with another couple from Essex and the following year went to Mexico and they were staying in the same hotel and got engaged. Couldn't believe it when we saw them.

He knew who you were before he hit you, he came back to make sure the job was done

Hahahaha. I'd never considered that. Perhaps the gunshots the day before and the cyanide in my tea the week before that should have given me a clue.

Not me but me old man, now long gone. Anyway near the end of WW2 he's been away with the Army for 4 years and ends up in Ceylon. His brother's also been away 4 years but in the Navy, so no contact whatsoever. Me dad's walking down the very crowded docks in Ceylon and bumps into his brother. Wow.

My second daughter was born and the wife had to stay overnight in Crumpsall.
She gets chatting to the woman across the floor in the opposite bed and the wife is convinced she knows her. They go through schools, places of work, friends etc etc and drew a blank.
They talk about other things and then the women says she had another child in Crumpsall just over two years ago.... my wife says she did too.... and then it became clear.... they both gave birth 20th Jan 1992 and again 8th Feb 1994 and were in the same unit both times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.