Gundogan - Back training 26th June '17

Unfortunately, its more a case of when, not if there will be future problems after a knee dislocation. Especially in football as the knee is the most overworked joint and it is forever weaker after a dislocation.

Noticed he tweaked it, rotating it awkwardly, before the challenge that floored him. The impact to the ground and the roll probably just caused more damage.

Speaking from experience, when you feel that twinge or the awkward rotation of the suspect knee, just stop immediately, sub and rest for a few days. Much better to lose him for half a game than for several months.

But he walked off, thats a positive sign, wait to see the extent of what the scan reveals.

Hope for a sprain/strain. He initially came off then back on. Ultimately, he had to come off but I'm hoping it's not as bad as initially thought. Will know more in coming days after scans.

His injury history meant that this was always on the cards for him unfortunately. Bad luck but hopefully it does not keep him out for too long. This injury risk is something that may stay with him for the rest of his playing career.

His injury history meant that this was always on the cards for him unfortunately. Bad luck but hopefully it does not keep him out for too long. This injury risk is something that may stay with him for the rest of his playing career.

Many a player comes back ok from a dislocated knee cap with no further difficulties as such.

I think this is one of those unfortunate injuries where the knee twists when planted so lets hope its medial ligament damage at worst and at the low scale of it as well.

As long as its not PCL or ACL so we may see him return this year for a number of games.

Good scans we hope for an early Christmas gift as his back injury was one which sidelined him for 13 months I believe earlier in his career.

Some players are not built to play the game without many a month on the sidelines unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.