Leroy Sane - 2016/2017 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep might play him wherever most space is available to use Sane's pace. Normally that should be on the wings.
I also prefer to see Sergio/Nacho in the middle and KDB behind, serving the wingers.

But if it always will work like yesterday - yeah, down the middle. Definitely...

Sane was brilliant on Sunday! It might be a blessing that Gundogan is injured because I think it will help us develop this kid more. Obviously different positions but Pep sometimes moves KDB wide to accommodate Gundogan and silva in the middle. KDB is much more deadly in the centre and I think sane left, Sterling right is the key to success this year.

I have been pretty critical of him because of his 'soft' nature despite being a big tall kid, but have to remember he is exactly that; a kid.
His pace is just staggering and the bits of skill he has produced in certain moments are beyond what any other city player is capable of without a doubt. We have some fantastic footballers here but not many of them are particularly silky and skillful when taking a man on. We have been accustom to aguero beating people with acceleration and strength and obviously yaya bashing people over like they are not there, but Sane is elegant with his speed.

I will give him the best compliment I can possibly give in the sense that he has the physique and movement of Bale/Ronaldo in their early years, and there is no taking that away from him so he has the world at his feet.

Another thing is that he lifts arses from seats when he gets in gear. He beat Monreal with the little scoop over his sliding body on sunday and he was only on the half way line, yet even some of the corpses in the family stand were exited and on their feet as he drove forward. Its an entertainment business at its core and he is the kind of player that, whilst still raw, gets the excitement back into the game

I can't help but scream at him to run at the defenders, he just skips past them for fun. first half vs Everton he was brilliant and against Arsenal starting to see him gain that confidence to keep at it.

Watching him again and again, I think he could become one of the most marketable stars in the world. A good looking boy, who can develop into one of the best as well....and all at City!

Watching him again and again, I think he could become one of the most marketable stars in the world. A good looking boy, who can develop into one of the best as well....and all at City!
Also seems to have a great sense of humour judging from his post match interview, and is popular with the other players. 19 = tremendous potential.

Gary Neville on Leroy Sané: "Once he gets the belief and confidence and settles into the league with maturity – he could be devastating."

I really think 3 at the back is our way going forward, or at least a big part of it. Leicester game aside, we dominated Everton and Chelsea, and only drew and lost the game because of our CB's incompetencies, and not because of the system. I'm thinking Pep will sneak in a game here and there playing 3 at the back going forward as it's a learning process.
Blaming the CBs for those losses is absolute bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.