George Michael RIP

I'm 47 and genuinely saddened by his death.

in the 80's, the girls at our school loved Wham and to be fair, George and Andrew Ridgley were good looking guys who wore the gear - Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini, Diadora etc.

They were pin up guys who done some good tunes - they influenced me into getting both ears pierced at the time!!

All these memories........and now another of my memories has passed away.

It's not always about the music - 53 is no age and I sincerely hope he's not remembered from the shenanigans of his later life but from when he and Wham were absolutely massive in the music world -
He was a talented guy.

R.I.P. George Michael
2016 - leave the rest alone
Good post mate,i think many,especially those in their 40's,can relate to that.

RIP George - another wonderful talent gone to soon.

Boy. You aren't kidding. I was just listening to his version of "Somebody To Love" at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. Breathtaking.
He owned that concert with that song, loved his music and my daughter loves last Christmas what a shit year 2016, that karaoke bar in heaven will be rammed

I'm 47 and genuinely saddened by his death.

in the 80's, the girls at our school loved Wham and to be fair, George and Andrew Ridgley were good looking guys who wore the gear - Fila, Ellesse, Tacchini, Diadora etc.

They were pin up guys who done some good tunes - they influenced me into getting both ears pierced at the time!!

All these memories........and now another of my memories has passed away.

It's not always about the music - 53 is no age and I sincerely hope he's not remembered from the shenanigans of his later life but from when he and Wham were absolutely massive in the music world -
He was a talented guy.

R.I.P. George Michael
2016 - leave the rest alone

good post mate, not my cup of tea, but part of my consciousness of my youth from the 80's, events like this brings into focus our own mortality

For some reason this has hit me harder than i expected, i never really got the whole Wham thing and while i could appreciate his music I never really liked it.

Suppose it is with him being an icon and such a public figure as i grew up.

Sad day, will be so glad to see the back of 2016.

Watched the breaking news about his death last night, couldn't believe it and now a few hours later, still can't.
Was a brilliant singer, Different Corner my favourite song of his.
As someone said, stole the show at Freddie's tribute concert. Would have loved to see him tour with Queen
Genuinely saddened about his death, don't think he ever sang/wrote a crap song.
2016 can't end quick enough. Hang in there Lizzie n Carrie.
R.I.P George.

A great talent and a sad loss. RIP.

12 young people (ie aged 35 or younger) in the UK are dying every week as a result of cardiac related Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.

Watched the breaking news about his death last night, couldn't believe it and now a few hours later, still can't.
Was a brilliant singer, Different Corner my favourite song of his.
As someone said, stole the show at Freddie's tribute concert. Would have loved to see him tour with Queen
Genuinely saddened about his death, don't think he ever sang/wrote a crap song.
2016 can't end quick enough. Hang in there Lizzie n Carrie.
R.I.P George.
If Carrie goes I'll fucking do my nut, wouldn't put it past her been 2017 first victim though :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.