Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

It's good news for me because I was scared he would walk away with all the media bile and the weird way we are treated by f.a. and refs :-)

What about the same fuck you to the long term fans?

This is at completely the wrong time and without getting into what he did at Barca and Bayern, what's written in a book and what he should be doing, what have I somehow missed in the time he's been here that merits this? Factual answers only please, not blind optimism and God, do I want to be wrong on this.

So far, with the odd exception, the lack of the Emperors' new clothes is what I see.

Won ten games on the spin?

Battered Barcelona?

Battered The Shite at Old Trafford?

Outclased Arsenal after going a goal down?

Revitalised the careers of Silva and Yaya?

Got Sterling playing the best football of his life?

Signed the most promising South American teenager in the world which every club in Europe wanted?

Signed Germany's most exciting young player?

Signed one of the best midfielders in the world for £20m

Binned off Wilfried Bony?

But yeh, other than that, what have the Romans ever done for us?

I'm glad to hear it. He needs long enough to bring on some of the youngsters and have success with them. Would have thought a two year extension would be the minimum. I for one would like to see an acceleration of bringing on the best youngsters even if it means finishing outside top 4. A season building outside the Champions League wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we could see sustained improvement in performance. Bring in Garcia and Jesus this year and I would start to blood Angus Gunn.

Disappointing as he has been to date, I'm sure most Blues will welcome this. We'll maybe have to adjust our initial expectations, although that won't stop the moaning. But why should it?

What about the same fuck you to the long term fans?

Long term fan here, absolutely thrilled.

This is at completely the wrong time

It's being leaked by an ITK, not announced by the club, but sure, whatever suits your agenda.

and without getting into what he did at Barca and Bayern,

Conveniently ignoring his past accomplishments which may provide both precedent for his abilities and incentive for the club to want him? OK.

what have I somehow missed in the time he's been here that merits this? Factual answers only please, not blind optimism and God, do I want to be wrong on this.

What have you missed?

1. He's been here half a season.
2. The squad is largely the same as Pellegrini's, which was largely the same as Mancini's. Only a year older and a year less likely to adapt to a new style of play.
3. Pep was never a short term plan and the club has bought into him 100%.
4. Everything @Shaelumstash said.

So far, with the odd exception, the lack of the Emperors' new clothes is what I see.

Oh do bore off, it's pathetic that people are saying this shit after only half a season.

Thankfully the club and it's wonderful owners aren't so foolish as to throw away the chance to seal up the best coach in football for the long haul as you would be.

Battered Barcelona?

Signed the most promising South American teenager in the world which every club in Europe wanted?

Yep all in 7 months

Battered Barcelona?

That sort of rational big picture thinking won't get you anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.