Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just desperately want to thrash spurs, send out a proper statement and go on a winning run of say 6-7 games, to shut up all the haters and critics and put us firmly back in the title race. easier said than done mind

After yesterday I think we'll get another hammering but I also thought that after Leicester and we beat Arsenal despite being under strength.

Willy

Sagna Otamendi Stones Clichy

Fernando Yaya

Sane De Bruyne Sterling

Aguero

I'm also losing patience with Bravo I'm not going to try defend him anymore. I don't think Silva & De Bruyne in the same side works I believe De Bruyne is best played behind the forward. I'd play the wingers of Sane and Sterling to stop Rose and Walker having a free run down the wings. I hope Fernando is fit if not I'd play Delph I wouldn't put Zaba in Midfield. Hopefully Kompany is back and for me he can replace Stones who for me has been terrible (so far) at City.

Gunna go with my head on this 1 and say win win 2-1 but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lose.
Yaya and nando will be murdered as we need legs but we have no options i suppose,this game will be an education for us

Spurs fan here.
Just thought I'd balance your mood a bit (Spurs fans have been where you are regularly).

Even though Spurs fans are flying high at the moment, we see this (and the Liverpool match in three weeks) as the two toughest games, ones we'd do well to take a draw from.

Reasons we still have reasons to think City would pose a bigger challenge than you seem to think:
- Even you're "struggling", your home record last 10 months is still 8 wins - 4 draws - 1 loss, with your only loss coming against Chelsea
- Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs.
- Look at Spurs' away results: True, we won the last two. But before that, our results were 2-4-2. Spurs' away record is only the 6th best in the PL.
- Vertonghen just got injured. He's been a very vital piece of our defensive record this season. Spurs' struggles last autumn was in large part because we struggled when we didn't play our strongest XI.

I question whether there is any point in picking, Yaya and Zabaleta. Neither of those players are going to be part of our next Premier League title and I see no point in picking the same players week in week out. This season is a write off now and if he is serious about this being a long term project, needs to show it and pick some of the academy players and youngsters.

Spurs fan here.
Just thought I'd balance your mood a bit (Spurs fans have been where you are regularly).

Even though Spurs fans are flying high at the moment, we see this (and the Liverpool match in three weeks) as the two toughest games, ones we'd do well to take a draw from.

Reasons we still have reasons to think City would pose a bigger challenge than you seem to think:
- Even you're "struggling", your home record last 10 months is still 8 wins - 4 draws - 1 loss, with your only loss coming against Chelsea
- Look at Spurs' away results: True, we won the last two. But before that, our results were 2-4-2. Spurs' away record is only the 6th best in the PL.
- Vertonghen just got injured. He's been a very vital piece of our defensive record this season. Spurs' struggles last autumn was in large part because we struggled when we didn't play our strongest XI.

Cheers mate, some cause for optimism then! Think it'll be a very tough game for us on Saturday though. You're precisely the type of team we struggle most against.

It was more just to emphasise a point that I wouldn't be totally against either 1 of them starting but I don't think they should both start together. I agree, De Bruyne over Silva for me also.

I know, Silva for me flatters to deceive on many occassions. Amazing technical ability but want to see end product from him.

Spurs fan here.

Its a good balanced piece but this game will come down to the midfield and your young, energetic and confident version will run rings around our slow, old ponderous lot. Our best chance would be to try and keep it tight but we won't do that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.