Article by Iheanacho

Great, moving article.

I worked in Nigeria in my early 20's and would play football against kids like kelechi every week on the beach on our day off. They had nothing, and the level of talent on display was incredible.

Nigeria was a rude awakening for someone who grew up in Manchester, and it must be an incredible culture shock for somebody moving to Manchester who grew up there.

It's stuff like this that the average fan doesn't get. They always view players with reference to their own upbringing.

Phil Collins (RIP) said it best. "Oh, think twice, it's just another day for you and me in Paradise"

Let's be supportive to Kelechi. Most of you have no idea how bad things were for him

So the solo (sometimes) goal celebration is towards his mum? A few people thought he was acting like a sort of detached loner.

Hope he just keeps banging goals in, preferably another in the next derby

Good read.
I want him to be a class player on blue shirt .
Off topic but anyone remember one of his team mate with u17 another bright talent?

Wow.

Wonderful and somewhat emotional read. Really, really hope this young man makes it to the very top.

We moan and groan about the most trivial things, just look at this place when we lose a bloody football match.

This article puts a lot of things into perspective, or should do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.