City v Spurs post match

Thought we played really well today......dominated them pretty much from start to finish.

Bit wasteful in certain positions when a different or better pass woould have led to a chance....sterling and sane both guilty of this as was KDB (but he also played extremely well in the second half)

With our style of play we just are wide open however....again two clear opportunities were created where neither player could really miss (no fault of Bravo )...where as again with a lot of our chances they are under pressure half chances...we really are struggling to create anything clear cut.

Overall we played really well however.

Bravo - 6 - didnt really have much to do and could do nothing about the goals
Zabba - 7 solid both in attack and defense
Kolarov 7 - still showing that he is better at centre half
Ottomendi -6 - rash at times
Clichy - caught in two minds for the first goal..not sure he would have got to the ball but he still could have blocked the cross or put the player off
Yaya - 7 kept us ticking
Silva 7 - solid as always, great work rate while getting his usual kicking!
Kdb - 7 - thought he wasnt great int he first half and wasteful, but was excellent in the second
Kun 7 - ran his socks off, linked play really well...just needs one to fall to him
Sterling 6- phenominal work rate in the middle and last third but his finishing and clinical passing is a weak point
Sane 6 - bit like sterlign in some aspects.....needs to have more of a constant impact but did well for his goal

Jesus 7 - both Sane and Sterling need to be careful.....he looks like he has something really about him....shame for his goal but it was off side

On a side note - on GJ disallowed goal...anyone notice the similarity btween it and Kuns first goal for the club?????...back post sliding in....thikn it was Micah that provided that cross IIRC

Great game and performance. Ref gave Spurs a point with no question but if we could sort out our defense we have a lot to look forward too. Fact is we need to get used to playing 12 men, I know we've gotten a few decisions our way too but it's definitely not evening out or even close at this point.

Great performance but once again points dropped and again we don't take our chances. We have to rely on 2 keeper fuck ups for our goals when Sterling had enough chances to win the game twice!

Good performances from Silva, Sane, Kolorov, Toure and Zab bar the last 20 mins.

On the minus side

Not sure what the fuck Clichy was doing for their first goal. Whether he would have stopped the cross is debatable but instead of looking around he should be closing his man. Why is he not doing that?

Their 2nd was too easy like 3 of Everton's last week.

That's now 4 home games we should have won but have drawn or lost. Only Southampton deserved their point for me. 9 points lost in games we should have easily won.

It's a big problem this missing chances and I don't know what the answer is.

I think this season will be more of th same.

Sané
De Bruyne
Touré
Silva
Zabaleta
Kolarov
Jesus
Clichy
Otamendi
Sterling
Aguero

In that order.

Should've put Fernando on at 2-0, and given Jesus twice as long.

Consider him ignored on all fronts. Cheers Blue. Chin up we played well. Missed chances and got robbed. The elements are there. Have a top night if you can. Ctid
I'm cool mate, getting used to supporting the cheated team that everyone hates. Fuck it - Saturday night and lots of hope for the future with what I saw tonight. Enjoy your evening blue. ;-}

Pep got it spot on today, credit to him for that..System created chance after chance and only individual errors lead to the 2 chances we concede. it's all going to click into gear soon

We played really well, but again we just don't look like hitting the target hard enough. So many chances and half-chances, but nobody prepared to put his foot through it. Can we please play with that intensity when it isn't a very top team, too.
Early on maybe but surely you saw a glimpse of the future when Gabriel came on wait till he is settled fern back things are on the up this was always going to be a consolidation year good strong top 4 finish and ready for an all out assault next

I can understand everyone being upset, but the majority of the pre-match thread thought we'd get battered. Wouldn't many have taken 2-2 before the match?

We were excellent today -- much faster coming out of the back, fewer giveaways, tons of chances, and -- importantly -- our young players were the stars. I gave up on the league last week and never really had much confidence we'd win it anyway in a transitional year, so I'm just pleased we played a tremendously vigorous and exciting brand of football today.

On the other hand, I was thinking that as much as I respect Clichy for what he's done since he's been here, a quality LB would make a lot of hay of the space and chances he's given when on the ball, and would likely defend better to boot. I think we all agree Bravo won't work.

Kane was onside by the way, and while I really don't believe that there's an agenda or corruption, Mariner is literally so bad at his profession that it's no surprise everyone thinks there is. I mean if you aren't going to call that a pen, what in fuck's sake IS one? The last man red and even the penalty box itself were INVENTED to prevent exactly what happened to Sterling. Shocking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.