City v Spurs post match

Thought we played really well today......dominated them pretty much from start to finish.

Bit wasteful in certain positions when a different or better pass woould have led to a chance....sterling and sane both guilty of this as was KDB (but he also played extremely well in the second half)

With our style of play we just are wide open however....again two clear opportunities were created where neither player could really miss (no fault of Bravo )...where as again with a lot of our chances they are under pressure half chances...we really are struggling to create anything clear cut.

Overall we played really well however.

Bravo - 6 - didnt really have much to do and could do nothing about the goals
Zabba - 7 solid both in attack and defense
Kolarov 7 - still showing that he is better at centre half
Ottomendi -6 - rash at times
Clichy - caught in two minds for the first goal..not sure he would have got to the ball but he still could have blocked the cross or put the player off
Yaya - 7 kept us ticking
Silva 7 - solid as always, great work rate while getting his usual kicking!
Kdb - 7 - thought he wasnt great int he first half and wasteful, but was excellent in the second
Kun 7 - ran his socks off, linked play really well...just needs one to fall to him
Sterling 6- phenominal work rate in the middle and last third but his finishing and clinical passing is a weak point
Sane 6 - bit like sterlign in some aspects.....needs to have more of a constant impact but did well for his goal

Jesus 7 - both Sane and Sterling need to be careful.....he looks like he has something really about him....shame for his goal but it was off side

On a side note - on GJ disallowed goal...anyone notice the similarity btween it and Kuns first goal for the club?????...back post sliding in....thikn it was Micah that provided that cross IIRC

Jeez Simon I wouldn't like to see your scores when we play crap. I thought they were all 8 to 9s with a possible 10 for sane and de Bruyne

What a great game and city played well. I enjoyed it. A few thoughts

Nice to see the defence not fucking about and looking solid

When we were 2 nil up I was expecting us to bring on a defensive midfielder but we did not and I think we should have done that and shut the game down.

Spuds had two shots on target.

G Jesus looked awesome and sane did too.

In the family stand sterling was running at us and we never really thought it was a pen as we were at the wrong angle. We were all just really frustrated at sterling constantly running through and not shooting. It's like he wants to draw the foul and I think refs are penalising him as a consequence. He could have shot against Everton but again he stopped and just waited for the challenge and I just wish he would have more confidence to shoot.

Augero never really looked interested . I am not sure what's up with him.

Definitely gutted at the result but it was such a strong performance and I was really pleased with it. Enjoyed the game.

I thought City played excellent first half and we struggled. Saying all this though we gifted you two goals, which I would think is worrying if I were a city fan. I thought Rose won the ball fairly and physically on Sterling. As for Walker, he did put a hand to the back of Sterling (he didn't deny it post match), but he stayed on his feet and pulled off a shot, in today's game he it has himself to blame, if he had gone down that would be a penalty and end of disscusion. The fact he stayed on his feet and shot is no foul for me
I know you're a Spurs fan & you speak a lot of sense most of the time but i'm sorry mate that is a pen 100% going down or not.

There's no place for Aguero in this team until his decision making improves. Didn't make the passes he should've seen.

There should be retrospective red cards for that shit.
If ref didn't see push, then there ABSOLUTELY SHOULD be a red card...and he couldn't have seen it or it would have a pen, 3-1, 10 men, game over.

Refs are either bent or clueless. Take your pick. Marriner might be both!

Threw it away again, in some ways that is more annoying than last week.

Def pen though and foul on Sane in the lead up to their 2nd, but you play to the whistle.

Gabiel looked good but should have replaced sterling sooner

motm for me either Zab, Sulva or Sane

Let's deflect the obvious and focus on the ref. Bravo has not conceded 6 goals in his last 6 shots.

We was 2-0 up and pep doesn't make a change to tighten It up and get a valuable 3 points. Why the fuck was delph for silva deemed a good sub at 2-2 and not 2-0 to see the game out? We can all point to the penalty and rightly so I'm furious at that too but we got ahead playing great 2 fucking 0 lead in the second half at home and regardless of the ref WE threw that away like the spineless bastards we are
Silva had cramp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.