City v Spurs post match

Unbelievable Football on display today how we didn't win that is also unbelievable....

He cant see the red card and a pen push but he can see Jesus offside what a crock of shite...

Game today in two gifs...

display
display

Pep did almost everything right, his starting tactics were brilliant, clearly he got the players motivated and team selection was near perfect.

But his substitutions were once again nonsensical. We need to defend a lead and get three points against rivals. Who do we have who's useful in that scenario? Fernando. But he doesn't get on. And then we make ONE significant substitution, and it's to give our debutant ten minutes! Very rarely enough to change a game. We knew there was danger of Spurs getting back into it but didn't take proactive action. Fernando, Kompany and Stones were all defensive options. None got on. I know it's not guaranteed that we would've seen it out either way but this was a total lack of action.

Clichy needs binning and fast. Every single game he's crap.

Like it or not, we are far, far more stable with kolarov next to otamendi than stones. I watched closely and Aleks was very disciplined, covering for otamendi each and every time he stepped up with the ball.

Sane has absolute star written all over him. Unbelievable today. Him and Jesus are going to be immense.

Thought KDB was anonymous at times and sublime at others. The goal will have done him good.

Sterling worked really hard and can't be faulted at all. Robbed.

Today showed me that leaving Stones out and getting a left back in would work absolute wonders for now.

If Kompany can stay fit then maybe it will be Ottamendi who makes way and Kolorov who plays but we can't keep playing Clichy because he is terrible

Might as well copy and paste what I've written elsewhere..

That was a draw that felt like a loss. Playing badly and losing stings, but sure, you accept it. Hell, being evenly matched and drawing doesn't feel all that hot either, but it's understandable. But being the better team for the majority of the match and not getting all three points - largely thanks to bad officiating - is annoying as hell.

.. but what can you do?

The overall performance was very encouraging. And hopefully, Pep uses the team's sense of injustice as motivation going forwards. That's something Mourinho is a master of. Long term, the "us against them" mindset can mentally exhaust players, but in the short term, it could provide a helpful incentive.

Pep did almost everything right, his starting tactics were brilliant, clearly he got the players motivated and team selection was near perfect.

But his substitutions were once again nonsensical. We need to defend a lead and get three points against rivals. Who do we have who's useful in that scenario? Fernando. But he doesn't get on. And then we make ONE significant substitution, and it's to give our debutant ten minutes! Very rarely enough to change a game. We knew there was danger of Spurs getting back into it but didn't take proactive action. Fernando, Kompany and Stones were all defensive options. None got on. I know it's not guaranteed that we would've seen it out either way but this was a total lack of action.
Not quite true.

Played well we again created half a dozen good chances in the 1st half and didn't take one , a couple of goalkeeping errors gifted us two goals then 2nd half more chances missed and Spuds have two shots on goal and score two goals well done Bravo again. The penalty was basically four officials just cheating nothing more nothing less , but we should never have been in that position , Sterling should have scored minimum four goals he will never be a finisher because he bottles it every time and waits for a shove/foul/penalty he does'nt want to take responsibility , i would star Sane before Sterling on todays performance with Jesus in the side until the end of the season.
Plenty of reasons to be upbeat about the team today , but its the same old story every week should have , could have , would have , we are not clinical enough , we should have stuffed Chavs, Spurs , Everton , Southampton , and a few others at home we have thrown away a dozen points at the etihad and its the players fault not Pep's , its not him missing absolute sitters every ten minutes.

Can't disagree about sterling, if he finished half the chances he got we'd be miles ahead. That being said a lot of players have been more than wasteful and not just this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.