A renewal of my belief

Along with a fit Kompany.....a top class keeper,2 fullbacks,a defensive midfielder and a couple of EDS promotions,and next season we'll be fucking awesome.

Let January pass,no stop gaps that arent good enough long term,we go for our real targets in the summer.
spot on...

We might not have garnered all the points we should have but look at the performances and chances we created against CFC, MANUre, The Arse, Haringey today, and the possession we had against The Dippers. It's millimetres one way or the other, but I think the strikers are wary of taking a spec and shooting and would pass, and where they would pass they shoot, and it's all arse end up with the results.

Definitely too much overplaying. It was evident again in the first half at times especially.

We were great against West Ham and today but with last week thrown in. I think it's realistic to think this will be the theme for the rest of the season. Hopefully they will click more often than they have off days.

To be honest Chelsea were the real winner with today's results. Virtual free pass tomorrow and then a game against the dippers when they are in their worst form of the season.

Good post Frank. I was going to offer something similar myself. Considering the opposition today I thought we were sensational. More so than against Arsenal or Barcelona you'd could see what we're planning long term. Sane was excellent and I thought Jesus looked full of promise. I don't think Aguero has to worry about the latter though so much as Sterling, whose touch is still too inconsistent for me. I hope we can eke another couple of years out of Spanish Dave as well, time in which to groom Diaz to succeed him.

There are still issues of course - 2 shots resulted in 2 goals again - and I suspect we'll be back to the same old frustrating disappointment when Swansea come and park a gigantic white bus in front of us in a couple of weeks. Today though, despite having been utterly shafted by the officials again, I am unusually upbeat. In an even contest we are as good as any team in the world. I think the Prem is beyond us this season and maybe even top 4 will be difficult, but the Chimps League might not be.

Everyone at City just needs to be patient. We've had a strange season: we've dropped far too many points in games where we have battered teams. Today's game should have been over by HT.

You see today had the opposite effect. Whilst I can see what we could evolve into, it confirmed a few other things as well, being:

We are shit out of luck

Couldn't defend a cold

Couldn't finish in a brothel

Playing 12 men every week.

Until at least 2 of those change, and pronto, all the potential in the world will stand for fuck all.

We could find ourselves out of the champions league and that just isn't in the script.

We need to begin turning these performances into 3 points. It's all good saying we deserved them, but we have dropped 11 points at home in games we should have won. That, statistically, is going to give us a headache toward the end of the season

You see today had the opposite effect. Whilst I can see what we could evolve into, it confirmed a few other things as well, being:

We are shit out of luck

Couldn't defend a cold

Until at least 2 of those change, and pronto, all the potential in the world will stand for fuck all.

We could find ourselves out of the champions league and that just isn't in the script.

We need to begin turning these performances into 3 points. It's all good saying we deserved them, but we have dropped 11 points at home in games we should have won. That, statistically, is going to give us a headache toward the end of the season
Spot on

Along with a fit Kompany.....a top class keeper,2 fullbacks,a defensive midfielder and a couple of EDS promotions,and next season we'll be fucking awesome.

Let January pass,no stop gaps that arent good enough long term,we go for our real targets in the summer.

The first part is dubious at best, it's most likely he will need replacing.

The rest sounds easy when you write it down, but throw in replacing Kompany and that is quite the rebuilding job whilst trying to integrate the youth you have mentioned.

For the record I totally agree with what you said, those positions need fixing, but it's going to have to be one corker of a summer window to make it happen.

We are shit out of luck

Couldn't defend a cold

You missed off we have the worst keeper that I've ever seen at City.

There has been many failings in recruitment, a lack of balance in key positions but first half today, Chelsea and United. Full game against Barca and the second half against Arsenal the team and football has been nothing short of spectacular. Its as good as I have ever seen.

Its a renewal of my faith in what we are attempting to achieve and another example of what a wonderfully innovative manager we have.

Agree with that. Normally I'd be gutted with throwing away a two goal lead at home, but I came away feeling pretty uplifted by our performance today. We battered the most in-form team in the league, in a game most of us expected to lose. Things will click soon, and I think we'll go on a good run to consolidate our top four position. We're tantalisingly close to becoming a really good side, we just need to be patient.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.