City v Spurs post match

I see that Sky are already writing the Spurs were "out-of-sorts" - no credit to us whatsoever.

Yeah, that frustrated me a bit with the MOTD coverage. Shearer was talking about them being "all over the place defensively" but didn't really acknowledge that was down to the way we played. This was the team with the best defensive record in the league, and we ran them ragged at times.

We are not making the top 4 this season.

It's a combination of not being defensively sound enough, not taking our chances and some blatantly corrupt officiating.

It's been going on for essentially 3 seasons and we haven't addressed the critical areas, I. E fullbacks.

I think there is a element of bad luck, absolutely, but when your conceding practically each effort on target, and not putting away chances, it's going to be very difficult to get where we want to be.

Fullbacks , spot on and a goalkeeper

what was that? being born in the 90s that's the closest I'll get to Ricky Villa.

robbing barstewards.

How many times do my own team have to kick me in the fucking balls before they a) score their 45 million chances and b) don't let in their 2 only shots on goal?

what was Pep playing at a) not playing Fernando and b) not bringing him on when it's 2-1 and everyone in the stadium realised we needed a midfielder who could tackle on the pitch?

and yes, funny how Gabriel Jesus was offside yet if it was Ibra or Mata we'd have won 3-2. One rule for them in life and one for decent, hard-working people.

how are we 5th when we are so much better than that "yid army" chanting know nothing self-referential numpties? They were crap and Zin I'm absolutely right about them, you learned that today.

I mean it was actually embarrassing how bad we had to be in front of goal after being brilliant elsewhere to keep them in the game.

You should be worried Spurs because you got owned, and you're meant to be the 2nd best team in this country?

Blimey you'll be ashamed by the time Pep gets this right, and he got it so wrong today.

You breathe today, but savour it, because when we make the right tweaks, you'll be silenced well and truly.

well done on the most undeserved point the premier league has ever seen. robbing barstools.

Last edited:
Walker basically saying he cheated in the post match.
28 years ago, I used to work with a Prem (as it is now) level lino (part time and very little money for refs/linos in those days). Used to tell us all about the assessor in the stand and how they reviewed the ref's performance by jointly watching a replay and highlighting every mistake. Time to promote some Championship refs and give Marriner and co their P45s. I wouldn't demote 'em down a league as the Championship hasn't done anything to deserve shite refs either !!!!!

Last edited:
I remain upbeat after arguably our best performance of the season.
Sad that we didn't win, but today was the first time in ages that it felt like a new, vibrant, energetic City.

Fuck off. Spurs didn't turn up because they were busy getting their asses torn apart by us. Give credit where it's due. We're brilliant. Got absolutely robbed. Fuck the FA.
We were brilliant. No-one has schooled Spurs like that this season. Just need a goalkeeper who can make some saves. All that money invested in our squad and our GK can't make saves.

Terrible call by the ref, should have been a clear pen...BUT....if we solid at the back they dont score those goals! Blaming ref just takes away from the fact, we still not able to hold teams...

On a postive...we played alot better today and Jesus looks like a future star!;)
Jesus is already a star (present tense).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.