Referees/Officials

Not sure if this is relevant, and just playing devil's advocate really, but were City leading at Burnley so Aguero's booking was for time wasting? Spurs were losing yesterday when Son did it, so couldn't be accused of trying to gain an advantage. Or is the booking issued for dissent rather than time-wasting?

I think you're stretching it further than a rubber Peter Crouch doll on a medieval rack there Ric. It was purely an instinctive striker's impulse on both occasions IMO and I doubt Kun gave any thought to time-wasting (particularly given that there was still half an hour to go), when he made the split second decision to dink the keeper. And the (alleged) sarcastic applause was after the yellow I think (although I'd have to watch it again to be certain), cos I remember the eternally unbiased Vick inhaler Francis whining that Sergio should have been given a second yellow for that applause and sent off as a result.

Last edited:
If I felt like that I probably would bin it off! Kane's was so marginal that you can take blame the linesman for not giving it. Same with Sane against Arsenal - the attacker got the benefit of the doubt. Jesus was clearly offside so not really comparable.

That's pretty much as I saw it. Jesus was clearly offside, Kane was a matter of inches.

I've just watched again on MOTD. How three officials can not see that push on Sterling is grossly incompetent from all of them. The linesman Andy Garrett has only to look across with a totally unimpeded view to see the push. He (or his mate) flagged for a first half foul by Spurs, so they clearly had licence to help the ref with fouls when necessary.

Plus if Pep could clearly see it, linesman Beck should also have seen it. He could have at least given Kane offside to prevent the injustice. And fourth official Jones, who was closest to Pep should have seen it, but he looked as though he had just been interrupted from reading a good book when Pep berated him.

Garrett, yes.
The other one and the 4th official - how far down the sideline was Guardiola at the time? Wouldn't his angle have been different?

One more thing that rarely gets reported. If a ref fucks up against Liverpool or the Rags etc, they dont get to ref another of their games for 12/18 months at a minimum as the clubs simply tell PiGMOL and the PL they wont accept them. Its called punishment.

They fuck up against us and nothing. We get the exact same clown within a matter of weeks and the same fucking blatant cheating.

Not seen Taylor since the Chelsea match...
Didn't have Clattenburg for a long time after SterlingGate...

Not seen Taylor since the Chelsea match...
Didn't have Clattenburg for a long time after SterlingGate...

Well lets just see how long it is before we do see them again as im talking months, even seasons when a ref gets it wrong for other sides so lets just see how it pans out.

Most of the east stand saw the Spurs free kick incident. Absolutely befuddling.

However, despite the poor refereeing, we should have been out of sight by half time. That's down to us not clicking in the attacking department. We are SOOO close to gelling, it can only be a matter of time before we start hammering teams and no referee will be able to stop us.

Bear with it for a bit, good times are approaching.

I thought the same, but unfortunately this is just wrong.

The laws have this line (after the usual definition of being in an offside position when the ball is played -- which Aguero definitely was)

"If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play"
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/sites/default/files/Laws_of_the_Game_2016_2017_Neutral.pdf
p77-79

So thy got it right, albeit looking weird.

Rule change on offside at the start of this season, to the fee kick is taken where the offside player gets the ball, not where he was offside, it was one of his few right decisions, none of the bt commentators seemed to know the rule either. For me his worst was the booking of Otamendi fo being pushed, apart from the penaly obviously.
The new rule states
A free-kick resulting from an offside will now always take place where the offence is committed.
The offence can only occur in their half so the free kick cannot be taken in our half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.