Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People ask why we're aren't tough with the media but IMO we should look in the mirror as a club more often and admit our mistakes, be honest, be ruthless but be fair. We should have sold Garcia at the earliest opportunity and the same with Fernando. They just weren't what we thought we were buying. Yet we persevered in hope and it just took up space in the squad and time/opportunities for others. It's the same with Bravo. If we persevere we are not doing ourselves any favours.

Players should know wherever they sign that they either fit the expectations or they're likely to go on loan or go permanently a lot sooner than they thought. If we are open about it from the start and not promising unconditional loyalty then it should be fair.

Not flashy players but both players turned it around a proved very useful players to have around. Garcia stepped in at centre half alongside Demichellis after Vinny got sent off against Hull City away in our second title winning season. Again this season Fernando has also proven a useful player to have (the first derby especially).

Not flashy players but both players turned it around a proved very useful players to have around. Garcia stepped at centre half alongside Demichellis in after Vinny got sent off against Hull City away
Each had about 5 decent games in total. They were passengers to be fair. I wish them all the best as I would Bravo. I just wish us better. :-)

It's not easy uprooting your family and moving to a new country especially after playing in the Copa America . Bravo could of took the easy option of sticking around at Barcelona and collected his wages but he backed himself for a challenge at a new club and new league and I doubt he isn't prepared to throw in the towel just yet. Barcelona wanted to keep him at the club even after Ter Stegen gave Barcelona a ultimatium. I can't speak for other supporters and it probably doesn't impress them but that is one of the reasons why he is worth backing to the hilt for this season alone. He is good enough to captain his country to success so that is good reason to back him.

Just in case you dont know. I want him to succeed, like I do with everyone we buy. Its just that its there for all to see he`s struggling like fuck, and no he`s not the only one but it the easiest and cheapest position to try correct for the good of our season.

Just in case you dont know. I want him to succeed, like I do with everyone we buy. Its just that its there for all to see he`s struggling like fuck, and no he`s not the only one but it the easiest and cheapest position to try correct for the good of our season.

I know what you and others are getting at I am not denying he is struggling (it is down to Pep on what to do for the best) but the likes of all the current top 4 keepers at some point have struggled in this league but all had the mental strength to turn it around and succeed in this league, Bravo has got that toughness as well. As for the trophies they will come (even if this season is write off in terms of winning the league).

Last edited:
Watching the City - Spurs game after Lloris conceded their two goals I finally thought Bravo would have a better game than an opposing keeper but I was quite disappointed. He had a clear chance to attack the ball on Alli's goal (where he looked timid on his goal line), and Son's goal he seemed to react slowly (even though Spur's had quite a decent build up). I feel like the media has finally got to him and he's starting to completely breakdown. Still interested to see what Pep's future plans are. But we just can't afford to give away 2 goals on 2 attempts. As much as I'd like to see him play well I don't believe his future is bright at City

"It was another weekend to forget for Manchester City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, who has now gone 180 minutes since saving a shot on target in the Premier League. The Chile international could do little about either of Tottenham's goals as City..."

Profit hunting journos contradicting themselves. BBC, how low can you go?

Next week it will say: "A nightmare of a match for City star player Kolarov after not converting any single chance. Well, he didn't have any chance but he also didn't score, week after week. Will Pep drop him finally?"

If a keeper can't even reach a ball he surely can't make "great saves".
It's getting even more ridiculous.

Its one thing for the media to do this to him. It is another thing entirely when our fans do this to him. As you said...HE COULDN'T HAVE SAVED EITHER SHOT!!!!!!!! But because he is not a Brit we are going to string him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.