Sky Sports

How are they planning to broadcast though? They might be able to use FSN in the states but they'll need an affiliate to carry it in Europe, will probably end up with Sky anyway.

It's the largest cable operator in 11 European countries, Virgin Media being one of them.

It's the largest cable operator in 11 European countries, Virgin Media being one of them.
You're thinking of Liberty Global mate, no longer the same company and John Malone (founder of both) only has a 2 or 3% share in Liberty Media now (they've merged with DirecTV - hence the Fox connection). Plus, Virgin have never shown much interest in trying to take on Sky or BT in the sports media world. Maybe FSN are looking to set up a European sports channel as ESPN did?

You're thinking of Liberty Global mate, no longer the same company and John Malone (founder of both) only has a 2 or 3% share in Liberty Media now (they've merged with DirecTV - hence the Fox connection). Plus, Virgin have never shown much interest in trying to take on Sky or BT in the sports media world. Maybe FSN are looking to set up a European sports channel as ESPN did?

Has it changed since September?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37307339

Mr Malone also owns two other major media conglomerates, Liberty Interactive and Liberty Global (he is chairman of all three firms).

It was a few years ago mate, I took a bit of an interest in them when Virgin bought UPC in Ireland as we could use some genuine competition for Sky, can't see this affecting coverage in Europe, it would have been liberty global in that case, they're already set up here.

Careful, he'll block you, then you'll be sorry.
He has.

I also didn't really swear but he got worked up enough to call me a troll. I did say that he and his idiot brother share the family brain cell.

When he said "go and troll someone else you dick" I replied saying "I felt the same whenever he is on Sunday Supplement".

I may have thrown in a few weight jibes as well.

He has.

I also didn't really swear but he got worked up enough to call me a troll. I did say that he and his idiot brother share the family brain cell.

When he said "go and troll someone else you dick" I replied saying "I felt the same whenever he is on Sunday Supplement".

Yeah I saw the Jabba one, well deserved.

He has.

You had him on the ropes there , well done ....

Have looked into this a little bit this morning bud, liberty media haven't bought the viewing rights to F1, they've bought F1 the company outright from Bernie Ecclestone. Sky still have exclusive broadcasting rights until 2024.

Shame that, thanks for the info bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.