£££££££

I disagree with the amount of money we'd get for our unwanted players... We would have to sell most (if not all) of them at a great loss just to get them off the wagebill...
Hopefully City will have common sense and instigate a sell-on clause profit percentage for our players... if we say sold Adebayor to Spurs for a steal price of £10mil. and a season later he goes to Ac Milan for £20mil. we should be getting a huge chunk of that profit.

Many fans have got this Videogame mentality now whereby they see it easier to just delete the whole squad and add new players at the push of a button, like they do on Fifa 12... This throwaway thinking is killing our chances of ever building a "team of players" rather than just a squad of strangers.

Patience is a virtue.

We are going to struggle to get rid of most of our players who we want to let go until they do go can't see us spending anything

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
It's obvious that we need a couple of players (doesn't Guardiola need a couple of players) but it'll be interesting how much fresh cash will be injected.

It'll be the wage bill that will be the stumbling block for people like Ade and Carlos. Interesting that these two can't get away quick enough but when they can go with a cut in salary they seem to slam on the brakes!

Ade and Carlos wages are less of an issue now due to the shorter terms remaining on their contracts. I think Ade's got two years left so all of a sudden a four year contract on 100k pw where he's playing regularly doesn't look so bad to him, I would imagine. Bird in the hand etc..

Fuck the financial fair play rules, lets assemble the best team in the Premiership with the best manager (Mancini or whoever) and the best coaching staff and finish in first place.

After that if we are banned from the Champions League it is Platini who will look a right dick if the best team in England and one of the best in Europe is not allowed to compete when they are completely debt free.

I agree that we don't want too many new signings. I would like to see 2/ 3 youngsters on the bench every week, give Guidetti a chance in pre season. We need another winger, a midfield general and if Dzeko and Mario are released, another centre forward.

Going to be hard to get rid of certain players especially the money they earn but the following would be on my list.

RSC
Adebayor
Bridge
Kolo
Tevez

Would also take decent offers for
Mario
A.Johnson
Koralov
Dzeko

Can see a swap deal for Tevez with Madrid for Higuin
Also would then like
RVP/Cavani
Bale
Hazard
and a good CB.

All going well net spend could be between £60mill to £70mill

I would not sell Dzeko! Mario and maybe Tevez (depending on who's in charge)

jake28 said:
Cant understand people's fears that we will be banned..it's as ridiculous as the rules themselves. Platini has his hands full with Anzhi,psg etc anyway...any threat to the Russian oligarchs may result in the threat of a bullet up his rear end.

Pretty clear to me that City were one of the main targets , if not THE main target , of Platinis new rules ..... and he's determined that we play ball with them , he'll close as many loopholes as he needs to to make sure we comply with them , and not only us either!

We'll have to selll before we spend anything i reckon , and trim the squad down ..... then with the money we (hopefully) recoup , added to any allocated funds , we'll probably be in a positon to bring two or three quality players in ..... but don't expect a 'flood 'of new players , those days have gone!

I listened to an Legal expert on a radio show on this a while back and he said there is no way that they will ban a team from a competition as it leaves uefa open to be sued by players for restricting their trade.

He said that the likely scenario would be fines or potentially only being able to name a 20 man squad instead of 25 but even this would open them up to legal action.

He also said how difficult would it be for a competition to called champions league and not have a team who won their league in it? Credibility down the toilet.

I think we just have to been seen to play the game as best we can and not to completely take the piss.

The good news is that every football fan in the country keeps funding our club as oil prices continue to rise :)

marco said:
how much can we spend during the summer to stay inline with the financial regs i know we could raise a few bob by selling but without selling what can we spend

Well we can't spend in my view until we have got rid of the players that won't play.

Adeybour ~ 10 million wages 160.000
Santa Cruz ~ 1 million wages 90.000
Wayne bridge 1 million wages 90.000
Mad Mario 20 million wages 100.000
de jong 8 million wages 60.000
Carlos tevez 35 million wages 200.000

I am not saying that's the players i won't out but it just seems that way. That's 75 million and 600.000 grand a week saved in wages. Maybe tevez stays and john comes in as 4th striker? So it gives the club 40 million to get a New cb and winger and can still reduce the wage bill

the power of spending won't happen again and its seems we could ship out people we don't want bring the wage bill down and still bring a few players in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.