£££££££

Clear out Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bridge and we will probably have around £300,000 a week to play with in terms of wages, I'd concentrate on that rather than the actual transfer fees we'll get, which might not be much.

Toon Exile said:
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-city-transfers.html

looking at the website (link above) i am alarmed. Our owners are business men first and foremost and looking athe money we have spent I just wonder how ong it will continue. If we are resigned to losing Balotelli and Tevez we straight away need to spend big money on their replacements. Also getting rid of Ade, AJ, Bridge, RSC will not be easy as their wwages will be a stunbling block for most and loaning them out maybe the only way.

The big spending has stopped - it stopped in January and this will continue - the priority will have to be reducing debt whilst maintaining CL - we can only spend what we can raise in seliing players it dont work any other way its that simple

To be honest we need to stop thinking we have to spend big we need a decent scouting system - the rags have been bringing in players for years - Hernandez - Wellbeck has done a decent jobbie - Valencia has been a snip at 18 million and Young has played well despite the fact i have always though he was shit (what the fook do i know)

We need to STOP thinking we need to buy world class players - we need quality players with key attribute for this league - pace and good passing abilitiy combined with the abioity to play at a high tempo

That German lad fulham bought or Dempsey these are all top pro's who score goals fooked off with superstars to be honest

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
ancoats said:
its a open checkbook for me we need 7 or 8 world class players cover to add to the spuad but the dead wood needs clearning out first and if we have to take a big lost then so be it

cover for both centerbacks
cover for midfield in yaya and barry
cover for a top goalkeeper it keeps me awake thinking about joe hart getting a ban or something else

the thing is what we have in quality cover is a joke and alot of players sitting on the bench are just not up to it in a champions league team

so a big spend in the summer please

Really lescott is player of the season for me
Problem with this is you won't get 7/8 world class players happy to be cover.

To be honest Lescott and Barry are the people we need on the Bench. We need a top centre half, midfielder and possibly 2 forwards if Tevez and balotelli go.

Really lescott is player of the season for me

dctid said:
Toon Exile said:
http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/manchester-city-transfers.html

looking at the website (link above) i am alarmed. Our owners are business men first and foremost and looking athe money we have spent I just wonder how ong it will continue. If we are resigned to losing Balotelli and Tevez we straight away need to spend big money on their replacements. Also getting rid of Ade, AJ, Bridge, RSC will not be easy as their wwages will be a stunbling block for most and loaning them out maybe the only way.

The big spending has stopped - it stopped in January and this will continue - the priority will have to be reducing debt whilst maintaining CL - we can only spend what we can raise in seliing players it dont work any other way its that simple

To be honest we need to stop thinking we have to spend big we need a decent scouting system - the rags have been bringing in players for years - Hernandez - Wellbeck has done a decent jobbie - Valencia has been a snip at 18 million and Young has played well despite the fact i have always though he was shit (what the fook do i know)

We need to STOP thinking we need to buy world class players - we need quality players with key attribute for this league - pace and good passing abilitiy combined with the abioity to play at a high tempo

That German lad fulham bought or Dempsey these are all top pro's who score goals fooked off with superstars to be honest

Agree completely with this but any new manager will want to stamp his mark on the club especially if we get Jose (who spends big everywqhere) also if Mancini stays he will need to win tropheys so needs players who will hit the ground running, there are cheaper players out there but we will now always pay inflated prices. We made a rod for our own backs in some respects by accepting the stupid prices on the table for players like milner and barry

Toon Exile said:
dctid said:
Toon Exile said:

Agree completely with this but any new manager will want to stamp his mark on the club especially if we get Jose (who spends big everywqhere) also if Mancini stays he will need to win tropheys so needs players who will hit the ground running, there are cheaper players out there but we will now always pay inflated prices. We made a rod for our own backs in some respects by accepting the stupid prices on the table for players like milner and barry

I think Mancini or any other manager will get money (I think Mouriniho no matter how unlikely would be given what he wanted within reason)

If Mancini stays (I think he will) i think it would be utter madness to give him anymore than we can realistically afford we have a decent squad and there is no reason why we would not compete next season - and its now time for him to show the owners exactly how good he is

LoveCity said:
I would guess around £80million to £100million. A lot could depend on how much we get for players like Tevez, Adebayor, De Jong, Johnson, and Mario/Dzeko, but the Champions League and Etihad revenue should also mean more money.

£100 they all stay.

dctid said:
Toon Exile said:
dctid said:

I think Mancini or any other manager will get money (I think Mouriniho no matter how unlikely would be given what he wanted within reason)

If Mancini stays (I think he will) i think it would be utter madness to give him anymore than we can realistically afford we have a decent squad and there is no reason why we would not compete next season - and its now time for him to show the owners exactly how good he is

It would be madness to give Mancini a penny but I do think Balotelli will have to go, Tevez will have to go, AJ will have to go, RSC will have to go and Ade. This then says we have to spend, but I dont think we will make much cash back on these players due to their inflated wages which means yet more investment to a unept manager. My worry is the sheik will just get sick of this soon. Nearly 400 million spent on players alone since he came in not including wages.

You dont get rich by throwing it away. I just want some stability and a manager who is proven without spending millions

metalblue said:
I thought if a player was transfer listed we could discount that players wages from the costs. Or was it more quantified than player simply being transfer listed in that they needed to be under/over a certain age/ time left on contract?
Not quite. If they're classed as 'listed for sale' we can exclude their amortisation. We can also exclude any wages paid under contracts signed prior to June 2010.

And the Etihad deal is 100% safe.

didactic said:
LoveCity said:
I would guess around £80million to £100million. A lot could depend on how much we get for players like Tevez, Adebayor, De Jong, Johnson, and Mario/Dzeko, but the Champions League and Etihad revenue should also mean more money.

£100 they all stay.

There is a contract dispute with DJ - if he dont sign a new contract this summer he can go on a free next season (I think i am right) he has also fallen down the pecking order and Mancini was clearly after a midfield player De Rossi so a midfield player is likely to go and its likely to be DJ as he is the most saleable

AJ is up in the air but a loan is possible - Mancini went to see Hazard

Mario - some daft fucker is going to have to buy him

If Mancini wants to spend decent money in the summer some difficult decisions are going to be made and that means selling players you would otherwise keep

Dzeko has said that he will consider his future in the summer and clearly is not a top 4 player - his first touch is shite

Question if you were the manager would you sell AJ, DJ and Dzeko to get a Hazard a De Rossi and say a Dempsey - i would and unless Mancini sells players he wont get them - players will go

I dont bet and if you are right so be it but it was generally accepted that Mancini had to see to buy in Jan this is likely to be true this summer and the bigger the transfer kitty the bigger will be the player sales

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.