£££££££

amatorisation (sp) to the rescue!!!

we'll be fine as long as we continue to qualify for the CL we've had more than 30% year on year growth every year since the take over and thats not including champs league money. a decent run in the CL and FA cup will do us the world of good, the FA cup doesn't work on a shared tv rights deal like the PL so for every match that gets televises the club gets 250k prize money total for winning it is about £3m but if we got knocked out in the semis thats still 1.2m plus the increace in merchendising (winners t shirts mercer jackets photo with the cup etc.)

lets not forget as well fines to tevez have saved us (according to the press) £9million and about half a million on those to balo.

amatorisation means we don't have to sell our players for mega bucks e.g tevez signed for 5 years for £25m which shows up as £5m a year on the books he has 2 years left meaning his value is now £10m if we sold him for £12m we're making a £2m profit.

its not the fees we need to worry about anyway the wages cost far more the wage budget for the next year with the fines to tevez will probs be about £135m I think with the increace pattern year on year on turn over and the CL money coming in etc we can afford up to £150m a year but that would be pushing it ideally you want the wages to be max 70% of turnover and the lower the better. if we manage to get a few high earners like adebayor, bridge, santa cruz and tevez off the wage bill it could drop to £120m leaving 30m to spend on new player wages. even if we don't get rid of them only contrats signed after 2011 count towards FFP, which means we're laughing: aguero clichy, nasri, pantilmon, johnson savic and hargreeves (who will be leaving anyway) are the only players so far whose contracts will count meaning even if we don't get rid of the deadwood our wage bill towards FFP is only something like £30m (as an estimate)

haha I didn't think of that when I started typing so basically we've got £120million to spend on new player wages and extending current contracts (silva asap please) and with amatorisation aprox £50million a year for the next 5 years on transfer fees

we're sorted ;) thank god we got in before they shut the doors eh

Zmajuga said:
It's always easer to sell and buy. The "real manager" would gel the team not just keep buying players. What if all of your/Mancini wishes fail in PL. What then? Will we buy another set of players every year?

FFS we have a great team, and we already proved that to everyone. Just watch the first half of the season. I'm really pissed off when people start to dismiss our players after one game, not to speak about a whole season.

If Mancini fails next year again, it's a sign that we need a manager not the players. As someone said, there are managers that would do miracles with this team.

Great Team???? A team or squad consists of more than 11 players hence why we have fallen short. Balo has let us down, Tevez has let us down, AJ not good enough, Kolorov not good enough, Savic not ready or not good enough Thats 5 players off the top of my head, this why investment in new players or indeed youth is vitally required.

jake28 said:
Cant understand people's fears that we will be banned..it's as ridiculous as the rules themselves. Platini has his hands full with Anzhi,psg etc anyway...any threat to the Russian oligarchs may result in the threat of a bullet up his rear end.

There are few things that would give me more pleasure than seeing Platini, Blatter and the attendant Eurotrash hangers on getting machine gunned to death by an irate Russian gangster - bring it on.

Buying players for the sake of it is bollocks. The squad needs tinkering and the core of players are already there. Another 4 or 5 new faces would be no good, imo of course.

I'd say we have to replace tevez and balotelli hopefully for lorente and RVP. the midfield needs freshing up i can see de jong leaving and barry is getting on in age would love to see swinestiger and javi martinez come in we also need a proper winger robben would be perfect. the 5 players would cost us in the region of £125 million but we could easily raise £100 mill in sales tevez ballotelli dzeko de jong johnson and adebayour would bring in around that amount .

personally all players contracts should state, that if you dont play for 1st team, then we deduct 90%, soon see them fuck off elsewhere or fight for their places

we'll spend what we want, we'll spend what we want we're man city we'll spend what we want.

UEFA wont do a fucking thing cos they cant afford to take everyone to court over some bullshit made up rule.

see you in court dickheads!!

marco said:
how much can we spend during the summer to stay inline with the financial regs i know we could raise a few bob by selling but without selling what can we spend

moot point as we will be selling for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.