£1 Billion Spent

bluemoondays

Started wondering about this figure so often repeated and can't seem to make the numbers add up (haha, got there in the end while working it out).

Sheikh Mansour spent £220m(?) on the club

We've spent circa £480m on players - a lot but sold £100m worth in the same period. Net loss of £380m

Cost = £600m

The only way I can get to the £1Bn figure is if you add in the annual losses, which total about £420m

08-09 - £93m
09-10 - £133m
10-11 - £194m

I guess that answers my query :)

I suppose at the end of the day even though he's spent £1Bn the value of our club must have sky-rocketed with success on the pitch and global exposure. I wouldn't be surprised if the club wasn't worth a minimum of £750m in it's entirety including playing staff etc. On the plus side for us as a club, we are not in debt now as all of the money put in so far has been equity and not loans.

So, £1Bn spent but an asset worth £750m gained - £250m is a lot of money to people like us but to someone like Sheikh Mansour it's a completely different scale of things. The next step is to generate a profit, hope that starts to come along soon to shut up another negative section of fans and media.........

You can't include the annual losses as that is mostly as a result of money spent on players so you would be counting that twice.

It's just a random amount plucked out of thin air, but they're probably including the value of all the players' contracts. I imagine that would add up to a huge amount.

Mental_blue said:
You can't include the annual losses as that is mostly as a result of money spent on players so you would be counting that twice.

Doh! You're right of course. So, still missing a few hundred million quid off the £1Bn total somewhere :p

Dubai Blue said:
It's just a random amount plucked out of thin air, but they're probably including the value of all the players' contracts. I imagine that would add up to a huge amount.

It's funny how United's wage bill is never mentioned.
Or anyone elses...

Are City the only club paying their players?

The figure might include the cost of the developments around the ground. However, most of the time the £1 billion figure is just our outgoings since Mansour come along plus the cost of buying the club. However, that neglects the fact that the club does actually generate some income of its own.

The £930.4m is the total cash outlay between 2008 and the last set of figures.

We earned £365.3m in the same period so the shortfall is £565.1m.

Included in that shortfall are things like £61.6m spent regenerating the area around the stadium so its not as bad as some like to make out.

....... and the comparable figure for United in the same period was around 800 million, but that wasn't mentioned in Conn's stupid headline or in the article at all iirc.

moomba said:
The £930.4m is the total cash outlay between 2008 and the last set of figures.

We earned £365.3m in the same period so the shortfall is £565.1m.

Included in that shortfall are things like £61.6m spent regenerating the area around the stadium so its not as bad as some like to make out.

i think the missing bit is the commitment to wages,,,,,,,,,,which is several hundred million.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.