£10 ticket trial starting for tomorrow nights game

Corky said:
1,600 empy seats still.

46,000 for a midweek match. Can't argue with that. Shame that the same old City turned up. As in, another 6 pointer failure infront of a large home crowd.

SWP's back said:
I have a ST and haven't missed a home game in 3 years and only missed half a dozen away games. I am well paid and can afford it but I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket cheaper than me. I don't blame the club. I would much rather have some nob feeling aggreived about paying more if it means a full house tonight.

But you hit the nail on the head with the reason why you feel this way - you are well paid and can afford your season ticket!

Many many people can't afford to keep up with their season ticket anymore, but still buy one on credit (knowing it has little chance of being paid off) because they have been city all their life and it's their one big passion - it's like an addiction, you can't ask a gambler to stop gambling 'just' because they can't afford to anymore... SOME people buy season tickets who seriously can't afford it due to lack of income due to ill health or many other reasons - to stop the one thing they've had in their life is a hard thing.

It is THOSE people who are entitled to feel aggrieived whenever city sell cheaper individual tickets to people in the same age bracket as them...

Anyone who doesn't understand how some people can feel like that are too busy sat in their ivory towers calling everyone else "selfish" and "nobheads" to get what it's like in the real world.

Edited in Ps to add!!! =

And no, before anyone says so - as these threads usually develop into this daft point - no of course i don't expect city to practically give seaosn tickets away! But keeping them more affordable is one option they should look into... and also of course it is natural to try and make sure open sale match day prices are not cheaper than a season ticket holder... (But in this case, even none season ticket holders will be pissed off - picture paying top whack for this match 2 days ago and now the person sat next to you paid a tenner?)

And why do "richer" people always justify this stuff as being that season tickets were never meant to be "cheapest" - they were meant to guarentee you your seat every match and give you perks like discounts in the shop and all that bollocks? You know that's bollocks!!! In the old days (and i mean as recent as up to say 3 years ago) season tickets were *always* hyped by the club as being the cheapest option, the bargain for the "loyal" (citys words not mine!) fan who stuck through thick and thin and thinner, rather than pick and choose.

oh and can you hear yourselves.. comparing all this to holidays and travel agents?!?!??! How brainwashed and "i'm alright jack" have you all become?! This is football, remember? City. You know, 11 men kicking a ball around trying to get it between 2 posts?! Not Thomas bloody Cook selling teletext holiday last minute due to bad sales.

SWP's back said:
Corky said:
It isn't all about affordability, some of our Uefa cup games were £12.50 but we only filled half the stadium.

It wasn't rich fans who went but loyal fans.

We do have loyal fans who try and go, and casual fans who spot a bargin who otherwise would spend the money in the pub.

I have a ST and haven't missed a home game in 3 years and only missed half a dozen away games. I am well paid and can afford it but I don't begrudge anyone getting a ticket cheaper than me. I don't blame the club. I would much rather have some nob feeling aggreived about paying more if it means a full house tonight. As for people saying it is bad in the long run. If it helps us get 3 points and 4th then I really don't think we should worry.

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:31 pm --

stonerblue said:
it make sno difference to ST holders or anyone else who bought a ticket at fuull price. Those £10 seats would've been empty anyway.
Why shopuldn't they be offered to locals. Wanting them left empty so ST holders can happily attend knowing nobody else got in cheaper seems a bit selfish to me.

Nail on the head mate. They know it aswell.

Some people would moan if they won the lottery also, bloody plebs.

plebs eh? you just don't seem capable of seeing this issue from both sides.

let me try and break it down for you.......

PEOPLE FEEL RIPPED OFF, AND YOU ARE A CLASS A KNOB HEAD WHO JUST WON'T LEAVE IT ALONE.

SWP's back said:
Corky said:
It is illegal to charge different clubs fans different prices, (it is not normal business, football clubs are not real businesses set up to make profits or they would all have been shut down) so it seems daft when they do it with our own with no warning.

I will wait and see how many turn up tonight.

Erm, no it isn't. And we have always charged our fans different prices (cat A, B, C etc)

As for waiting and seeing, I hope you pm tomorrow if it is full and say "You were right"
I think you'll find that what Corky said is correct.

And have you PM'd him yet to say "I was wrong"?

So, the general consensus is. Yes it was/is a good idea because it filled the stadium and it allowed fans who can't afford full price tickets or are not prepared to pay for full price tickets to watch the match. No it's a crap idea becuase x amount of fans who payed full price for their tickets feel ripped off.

So City now have to make their minds up about the Wigan game. Do they do it again and go with the majority view(yes it was a good idea) or do the bow to pressure from the disgrunteled supporters and abandon the idea.(the minority)

Hopefully they will go with the majority. And before anyone starts, I paid £400 for my season ticket. Before Everton scored the atmosphere was pretty good and the crowd/stadium looked great for a night match, which isn't normally the case.

PS. I lost a tenner last night. To the t*** that picked it up. You've just ripped me off. I hope you feel happy?

We decided to go third tier last night and pay the £10 - Haven't sat up there for awhile and forgot what it was like.
The atmosphere was shit, I reminded myself why i sit 111/110/109 usually as all i was surrounded by old men chatting with each other like it was a social club and snotty students who were more concerned about tottenams match than city's... constantly saying how good Everton were and how shit Lescott was (even though he wasn't playing) and has looked decent recently.

Shit atmosphere, wish i would of payed the extra and enjoyed the stadium experience.
Hats off to the few lads near me who tried singing, we were somehow in a minority (this is before Everton were winning)....

so, if all £10 tickets was sold why was there only 45,700ish there, did some s/c holders didnt go, and if not, why didnt the £10 tickets go

being in the bottom tier east stand I thought the atmosphere was great when every sang together, its just people are so nervous about finishing 4th its having an affect the sooner the £10 for all games come in the better.

They could have said about the £10 thing about two weeks ago because i could have told some of my mates who dont normallly go

I've no problem with the lower cost tickets for the last few thousand if a game is not going to sell out.

I haven't done the maths yet but for the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool at Home our season ticket prices are lower than a per match ticket so balances out a bit more.

Plus I found a tenner last night, so wasn't all doom and gloom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.