£10 to park on North Car Park

robsta

Sorry if this has already been covered, searched but couldn't see it.

Just read that City will be charging £10 per match to park on the North Car Park. I used to park there ever game until couple of seasons ago when I got fed up of the wait to get off.

Steep rise to £10 makes me think they are happy to deter people from parking there. Maybe make it easier then to use it to build on. Or maybe making it easier for the hospitality mob to get on and off.

Trouble is it gives the other car parks licence to up their prices.

Yes saw this myself - WELL STEEP!

I think maybe the logic is to try and get as many people on the £150 season ticket?

I have parked their every season since we moved to COMS and it has always been a pain in the arse to get off but i put up with it.

This season they have increased the ST to £150 so i have decided to park elsewhere. I've got a season pass cheaper and the get away should be much easier for me than having to queue all the way along Alan Turing way for best part of an hour.

Like you say it will be interesting to see if others follow suit!

Same as you, I started on there from when we moved and had the season ticket. Didn't seem too bad first few seasons but then when they started blocking the road off it got too much. Also used to annoy me the way they tried to force the season ticket holders on to the back car park and then you'd see away fans paying on and being put on the nearer one.

Glad I gave it up. I've paid £110 now on a local school but expect they'll put theirs up next year and for those who pay on each week I bet they'll go for this season.

It's pretty shocking really. For me it costs about a tenner in fuel to get there, and to add another tenner just to stand there for a few hours takes the biscuit. There is a coach that goes from my neck of the woods so I might consider that in future. At £50 per ticket, it makes it a dear do now.

The usual places at the end of Turing way where still £5 at the Valencia game, and you get away without any agro

We had this after the Valencia game, it's a joke tbf. It's not so much the price as £10 is the norm anywhere else but the fact it's a stright 100% increase on last season. Not sure where I will park tomorrow night now? Long story and already disscussed last time but going with my old man and he cant walk too far so parking 15mins away isnt an option.

A tenner is expensive and like someone said earlier a 100% increase on last year. Let's hope for the extra fiver the club will employ people to control cars exiting from the car park after games cos it's normally a complete shambles of a free for all. You can park up in town and get the bus back and drive home before you get off that hell hole of a car park.

Lancashire Blue said:
It's pretty shocking really. For me it costs about a tenner in fuel to get there, and to add another tenner just to stand there for a few hours takes the biscuit. There is a coach that goes from my neck of the woods so I might consider that in future. At £50 per ticket, it makes it a dear do now.

Get out ya car and get the coach then. It makes sense so why dont you do it.
Ive payed £50 and will be getting a taxi there and walking back to burnage. Needs must.

-- Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:45 pm --

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Is there anywhere else, apart from other footy clubs, where a tenner is the standard parking charge at sports venues. For a couple of hours parking it matches my notion of extortion.

Dont pay it then. You cant be extorted if you dont pay it ffs.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:46 pm --<br /><br />
mr t said:
A tenner is expensive and like someone said earlier a 100% increase on last year. Let's hope for the extra fiver the club will employ people to control cars exiting from the car park after games cos it's normally a complete shambles of a free for all. You can park up in town and get the bus back and drive home before you get off that hell hole of a car park.

Hundreds of places to park if people would use their legs for 20mins before and after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.