£100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

citoeast

£100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

Article in the sunday times today states we could get all three, this would really send shockwaves across to the swamp on the richter scale. I for one cannot wait to see these players sign, espeicially Terry. Nedhum going out could be another loan arrangement, I hope.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6727549.ece

From The Sunday Times July 26, 2009

Kolo Toure is first in triple City bid - Duncan Castles
MANCHESTER CITY have agreed personal terms with Arsenal defender Kolo Toure as the Premier League’s most affluent football club continue their assault on the English transfer market. City expect to sign Toure, Joleon Lescott and John Terry by the end of August for combined fees of around £100m.

Occasional Arsenal captain Toure has been seduced by City’s standard double-your-money offer and following a season in which he was not consistently Arsene Wenger’s first choice should be sold for around £15m. The Arab-financed club have offered Everton £20m plus England under-21 international Nedum Onuoha for Lescott, who has been attracted by the prospect of starting in his preferred central defensive position.

The assault on Terry, however, has proved the most complicated with Chelsea, acting on orders from owner Roman Abramovich, repeatedly stating he is not for sale at any price.

Indeed, Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea coach, made the strongest statement yet on Terry when he promised his captain would remain at Chelsea and ignore the City overtures. “For sure Terry will stay in Chelsea, we have never had a problem,” Ancelotti said. “We have to wait. You have to have trust in me.”
City continue to receive strong encouragement that Terry wants the £250,000 weekly wage on offer in Manchester and are preparing to push the transfer fee beyond £40m to secure him. They are also boosted by Terry’s sustained public silence on the matter, conscious that the player’s future will remain unresolved at least until he has stated his intention to continue his career at Stamford Bridge or to move north to Eastlands.

It is understood the 28-year-old has been disappointed with the club’s failure to make top-tier reinforcements and that Abramovich did not consult him over Carlo Ancelotti’s appointment as manager. He has also complained of Chelsea’s lassitude in contacting him after City’s initial summer offer, and over having to wait a week for a meeting with Abramovich after the second.

Though Terry appears to face a difficult decision over his future, Hughes and his coaching staff remain confident he will manage to extricate himself from Chelsea — even if he is forced into requesting a transfer.

Re: £100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

Why is Ned still being linked with Everton when Hughes has come out and said that he's going nowhere!

I am telling ya, it is pure crazyness of the tallest order.

sboroMCFC said:
Why is Ned still being linked with Everton when Hughes has come out and said that he's going nowhere!
Why is Lescott still being linked with us when Moyes has come out and said that he's going nowhere? Eh?

Well its going to be interesting. Personally I dont want Lescott if it means losing Nedum. Thats a victory in the transfer market that would taste like defeat.

Toure looked odds on before his brother said he wouldnt take the step down to city. I dont think hes the player he was and his brothers comments have sent alarm bells ringing. Overall I would have had him before his brothers comments, hes definately better than Ben Haim. If he comes what does that say about the state of finances at Arsenal ?

As for Terry I still cant see it but he obviously doesnt give a shit about Chelsea and their fans even after all these years - you can see that by the way he has treated them so you never know. There is always that small chance he will give up his image for the money we are offering. Personally I think if he comes its for the wrong reasons even Eto didnt take the piss this much in the end with only a year left on his contract. Hes not Worth £35 million and the rest + £1 million a month in wages and yes I do believe the press blurb on this it would take those sort of numbers to get him up here.

Just to balance it out if we got all those players it would be amazing to say the least but the press / rival fan backlash will go off the charts if it happens. If it does get ready to batten down the hatches. We have to be grateful the amount of money getting spaffed on our club is pretty much unprecidented its well beyond what happened at Chelsea even....

Well you need 4 center backs in your team. Those 3+Onouha. Don't know where that leaves Dunnie though...

why give arsenal more money. thats the team wer trying to knock off 4th spot.
that would be 40m we will have given them.

chris63 said:
why give arsenal more money. thats the team wer trying to knock off 4th spot.
that would be 40m we will have given them.

Yes, we should not be giving them any more money.

So £75m is "around £100m" nowadays, is it?

Well, what's £25m between friends, especially when you're trying to make Manchester City look silly?

Barker said:
sboroMCFC said:
Why is Lescott still being linked with us when Moyes has come out and said that he's going nowhere? Eh?

Exactly. Why is Terry still being linked with us when Ancelotti has come out and she that he's going nowhere?

It's a vicious circle, and the papers know ball all about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.